under stress

apollo

anyone eat leftover food for confinement? not allow to brush teeth?
wat do u mean by leftover food?? u mean ur dinner is sth leftover from the aftnoon?? hmm actu for me i dun mind if tt's from the same day BUT the food MUST be put in the rice cooker to keep warm cos i dun eat alot, no point for the CL to cook one more time for me in the evening... i'll be telling her not to cook again if i really cannot finish... but it varies for diffe ppl la..

as for brushing teeth, i think u must brush lo.. if not after 1mth i'm afriad u'll have tooth decay... maybe use warm water to rinse away the toothpaste instead of tap water???

mind me asking, who's doing confinement for u??

dun get too stress okay?? confinement is a very critical period for a mummy... dun let urself get into post-natal depression.. Cheer Up!!! =D

pokemon97

if it's left over from afternoon i will eat. As for brush teeth, why cannot. Will get tooth decay if one month dun brush

BzBaby

u mean everyone ate liao then u eat their leftovers ar? :err: er.. i eat my own leftovers from lunch.. brush teeth as well.. i oso heard from MIL cannot brush teeth but i really cannot stand all the dirt in my mouth..

cannot brush teeth...??? weird leh... so strict?? leftover food from the day before, i also eat... sigh mil says can though my mum not realli happy..

elmo493

What I heard from my colleague is that you cannot have empty stomach when you are going through your confinement. It will generate alot of wind.
How truth is it I don't know but I do get bloated very often after giving birth.

ger-mummy

who is doin confinement for me? ANS: MIL

Cannot brush teeth coz during confinement is confirm dirty & smelly wan. BUT i dun care i still brush teeth, wash face with tap water(warm lah) coz she wont prepare for me, and if i take myself she be very unhappy.

Leftover food mean i ate for at least 3 times (2 lunch & 1 dinner). Sometime she cook the papaya fish soup, cook for 3times until no taste. Same as the red dates tea...

Dun allow me to drink milo when i wanna have it....

1 more thing, i bathe at night when she go out in the afternoon...

All of the above, my mum dun agree with wat she do....

My hubby told her le, she also likdat....

apollo

who is doin confinement for me? ANS: MIL

Cannot brush teeth coz during confinement is confirm dirty & smelly wan. BUT i dun care i still brush teeth, wash face with tap water(warm lah) coz she wont prepare for me, and if i take myself she be very unhappy.

Leftover food mean i ate for at least 3 times (2 lunch & 1 dinner). Sometime she cook the papaya fish soup, cook for 3times until no taste. Same as the red dates tea...

Dun allow me to drink milo when i wanna have it....

1 more thing, i bathe at night when she go out in the afternoon...

All of the above, my mum dun agree with wat she do....

My hubby told her le, she also likdat....
y dun let u drink milo??? actu during confinement most women drink milo + biscuit esp in the morning as breakfast... tt's y some ladies top up milo for their confinement...

if her ways of dealing with confinement is too over, just do it ur way... as long as u noe ur way is correct.. if u're not sure if which is right or wrong for confinement, u can always ask ard in the forum.. i'm sure there's many experience mummies can help u.. :tlaugh:

ger-mummy

she said milo is not healthy & cannot produce breast milk lor...

End up now, i take 2 meal a day only & in between if feel hungry i will juz drink milo or milk with biscuit.

SHe wan me to follow her (as in during her time of confinement) have 8 meal a day...

Now i dun care, juz drink & eat as & when i like, & take care of dd at night myself... Brush teeth, wash face, shower all by myself....

i feel tat she curse me not breast milk for my dd if i din follow her way of confinement

apollo

End up now, i take 2 meal a day only & in between if feel hungry i will juz drink milo or milk with biscuit.

SHe wan me to follow her (as in during her time of confinement) have 8 meal a day...

Now i dun care, juz drink & eat as & when i like, & take care of dd at night myself... Brush teeth, wash face, shower all by myself....

i feel tat she curse me not breast milk for my dd if i din follow her way of confinement
8 meals??? i always believe that eating well is better than eating more... but of cos have to eat more "bu" during confinement la.. hehe..

yala, teeth must brush leh if not teeth decay n spoil how?? even she got money also cant pay u a set of teeth back.. :tlaugh:

BzBaby

hospital oso let u drink milo ma.. tel her doc say muz drink milo otherwise u wil faint.. lol.. huh 8 meals.. its the matter of quality not quantity.. giv u eat 8 meals junk food oso not helping..

ger-mummy

haha, if i really can eat up till 8 meal i will be very very fat le. my hubby & me has been quarrel during these confinement period because she keep telling my hubby that i dun wanna eat dun care about bb only care of my own figure... haiz...

apollo

haha, if i really can eat up till 8 meal i will be very very fat le. my hubby & me has been quarrel during these confinement period because she keep telling my hubby that i dun wanna eat dun care about bb only care of my own figure... haiz...
did u tell ur hubby it's impossible for u to eat 8meals a day?? and which mother dun care for her own bb??

ger-mummy

my hubby know that i dun eat much, but mil keep saying & nagging when he back from work... and i also tired after heard she said this & that so end up we quarrel lor even thot we know each other are tired...

she said i dun let bb drink water, wanna cause her to get sick & waste money. Dun care if she pass motion or not for the day... For me, i feel bb din pass motion for a day is ok but she force bb to pass motion (get her drink water instead of milk if she hungry) i feel pity for my girl....

apollo

my hubby know that i dun eat much, but mil keep saying & nagging when he back from work... and i also tired after heard she said this & that so end up we quarrel lor even thot we know each other are tired...

she said i dun let bb drink water, wanna cause her to get sick & waste money. Dun care if she pass motion or not for the day... For me, i feel bb din pass motion for a day is ok but she force bb to pass motion (get her drink water instead of milk if she hungry) i feel pity for my girl....
old ppl is lik tt de lo... they always tot MUST gif water to bb but they didnt know tt PD dun encourage BB under 6mths to drink water... even wanna gif also abit will do... are u staying with ur MIL or she's just helping u for the confinement??

BzBaby

old ppl is lik tt de lo... they always tot MUST gif water to bb but they didnt know tt PD dun encourage BB under 6mths to drink water... even wanna gif also abit will do... are u staying with ur MIL or she's just helping u for the confinement??
er.. my PD oso dun encourage bb to drink water.. so my CL giv him drink fei zai sui/barley/chrysanthemum.. otherwise too heaty..