Underarm Hair removal

greeniegreen

Hi ladies,

I couldn find any thread related to this topic so I shall just create one! How do u remove your underarm hair? Has anyone tried IPL treatment before? How is it like?

I personally tweeze my underarm but I find it a hassle when I cant get those short ones out, too short to tweeze out. I thinking of doing permanent removal, saw that Bella having a promotion for their underarm IPL treatment. Hope to hear some advice or feedback first so pls share! thanks :001_302:

angiebaby

i checked with one of the beauty clinic before, need 5 to 7 time to totally remove the hair and cost around 1.7 to 2k, personally feel too expansive i rather use hair removal sticker or shave or tweezer

Edwinie

i checked with one of the beauty clinic before, need 5 to 7 time to totally remove the hair and cost around 1.7 to 2k, personally feel too expansive i rather use hair removal sticker or shave or tweezer
sorry for being a frog in the well. but what is hair removal sticker. pai seh.

hi edwinie ,

I think she refers the wax strip as the stickers. haha. Personally i go to beauty salon to do IPL treatments to remove my underarms unglam hair. Hehe.

redroselle

hi edwinie ,

I think she refers the wax strip as the stickers. haha. Personally i go to beauty salon to do IPL treatments to remove my underarms unglam hair. Hehe.
Hey Mandy, which beauty salon do you visit? How is IPL treatments like? How many times before the hair can completely remove and nv grow back again? Sorry so many questions but hope u can share! =P I'm also considering to go for IPL. but there's so many beauty salon out there... I know Bella, saw an outlet at Nex! dont mind going there cuz I live nearby, but anyone been to Bella before?

Tulp

Epilady. Hurts the first couple of time but after that it's a breeze and quick. Plus as you keep using it, you find that you use it less and less. I use it for legs and arms too. Now I only need to do it once every 3-4 months if not more.

modchicme

Hey Mandy, which beauty salon do you visit? How is IPL treatments like? How many times before the hair can completely remove and nv grow back again? Sorry so many questions but hope u can share! =P I'm also considering to go for IPL. but there's so many beauty salon out there... I know Bella, saw an outlet at Nex! dont mind going there cuz I live nearby, but anyone been to Bella before?

there's pink parlour at nex also... u can try! they do IPL as well. famous for their brazilian waxing. i have many friends who are converts...

Epilady. Hurts the first couple of time but after that it's a breeze and quick. Plus as you keep using it, you find that you use it less and less. I use it for legs and arms too. Now I only need to do it once every 3-4 months if not more.
Hi, sorry if im a bit "suaku",what is Epilady? how to use it?After using it, will the hair grow thicker btw? I'm also looking for hair removal for the vagina/bikini hair, but i do not want to use strip off paper as its going to be painful..any recommendations?

I hv not tried for the IPL hair removal but i hv tried for facial IPL about 6 times, it is quite exp but i did it during promo period at Citispa. It helps to lighten freckles and pigmentation and it also stimulates collagen formation, makes the skin more radiant.
The results is gd for me. I was told for hair removal, it depends on individual hair growth as in how deep yr root of the hair and that determines how many times u require for the treatmt in order to permanently remove it. It varies frm 6 to 10 times or even more.

modchicme

Hi, sorry if im a bit "suaku",what is Epilady? how to use it?After using it, will the hair grow thicker btw? I'm also looking for hair removal for the vagina/bikini hair, but i do not want to use strip off paper as its going to be painful..any recommendations?
hi dear, i'm not so sure either but from the sound of it, must be a brand of an epilator. epilator basically is this device which tweezes out hair via rotations. can be painful (i actually can't imagine epilating the area down there!). hair may be finer since it's pulled out frm roots.

ur right abt stripped papers! gosh, those actually stick to skin tts y painful! check out pink parlour - they use hard wax. the difference? it doesnt stick to skin (just the hair), n tts why little or no pain at all. to me, tt's really important especially for brazilian.

redroselle

Epilady ...i think it's an electric epilator. Tried one ( can't recall the brand) and it was rather painful and results were not very clean. Think i forgot to exfoliate thereafter so i had a small case of ingrown hair.

Hmm .. now torn between Bella and Pink Palour at NEX! Is there a good consultant to reccommend?

ofelaine

Heard about IPL, looks so tempting.. Not sure if it's good or not but people say not painful. I also wanna know how to remove underarm hair permanentlyyyy..

modchicme

Epilady ...i think it's an electric epilator. Tried one ( can't recall the brand) and it was rather painful and results were not very clean. Think i forgot to exfoliate thereafter so i had a small case of ingrown hair.

Hmm .. now torn between Bella and Pink Palour at NEX! Is there a good consultant to reccommend?
For me it's Pink Parlour! i always ask for wendi, but i think the rest are very pro as well... u been to their latest outlet at tamp 1? i like orchard central. :)

modchicme

Heard about IPL, looks so tempting.. Not sure if it's good or not but people say not painful. I also wanna know how to remove underarm hair permanentlyyyy..
hey dear, if im not wrong pink parlour is having an offer (think ends this mth), for IPL. $188 for six or seven sessions i cant remember but i do remember feeling like omg so cheap? my gf took up the offer!

liz5

Hi guys, just wanna ask where this you have your IPL? How many seasion did you have? And when did you start to have a totally hairfree underarm/leg/etc?

I just had my trial IPL underarm treatment earlier $48 at fabulous hawaiian spa at bugis near apple Strudels.. Did not feel any pain and very fast.. They said they are using medical grade machine so no need for gel and pain free.. But the machine is cold, maybe that's why i did not feel anything..

I plan to try winkwax ipl Underarm treatment on my 3rd week.. And see which is better and affordable..

I prefer IPL permanent hair removal to waxing will be good. I can't stand the pain >.<

I was reading one of my favourite bloggers Dainty Diva - Services Review: Lumenis LightSheer Duet Permanent Hair Reduction
Right now there is a promotion if you mention the blogger's name, you get 10% off discount! Personally I haven't tried but I look forward to it.

Based on my friend's experience, it was indeed painless. It was a huge relief for her. Even though there is no IMMEDIATE PERMANENT hair removal but after the first treatment, the hair will become finer and take longer to grow out :) subsequently after a few more treatments, the hair will disappear.

sharon27

I did IPL before. It can be expensive depends on where you do it from.

I sign my package at bio beauty and bioskin. One for Brazillian waxing, another for IPL hair removing for underarms and legs.

For IPL, they will shave away your hair and use the UV light from then machine and 'shine' into your skin. This cause your follicle to be weaken, and eventually fall out. Hair will not grown. But some will still do, because they are very stubborn. Thats why there is sessions.

For brazillian waxing, i think you all can google about it ( if you dk whats that).