Understanding men

quincy1986

very upset that my hubby gets all sensitive about me talking about his side of the family.
be it comments or complains.
i grew up with my mother who speaks her mind.
and now i am living with his family.
i feel very sad that whenever something happens, he sort of expects me to be quiet about it.
like for example i am pregnant and his father just doesnt care and smokes infront of me.
when i mention this to my husband, he gets moody.

are men like this?
am i suppose to accept it this way?

smiley

Hi I was in a same shoes as u when I first married to him. I got to stay with my parents in law house that even using my own money to buy stuff for myself or kid. I got complain...... My mum in law straight away call my mum to complain that I buy useless stuff and so spend thrift. She don't even believe that I am using my own money.

quincy1986

wah...your mil complain to your mum?
i just feel i cant share a word with my hubby.
i mean my parents obviously treat him better, even better than their own son

reffine

Maybe you can try to explain again to ur hubby about the risk of smoke to the unborn baby. Make he thinks for the baby too. Do not fret coz you're not wrong.

If he still moody about it, maybe next time when ur FiL smoke in front of you, you just apologize that u cant stand smoke and u go to another place to avoid the smoke.

quincy1986

ya sometimes tried to explain to him, he ask me what's wrong with me
he told me people have being living life their way for so many years and i ask them to change
and he ask me how will i feel if i were the one asked to be changed

ryanle

Don't be afraid of your husband. Let's talk to him and listen to his explanation. His family should respect you as you respect them.

quincy1986

i am not afraid.
i am just upset that everytime before i can finish saying things he try to shush me up.
it is as though i am such a horrible person that everything i say will harm his family.

I can totally understand!! My hubby is like that too! During our first 2years of marriage I had quarreled with him a lot of times regarding his family. My relationship with his family is not good, I really cannot get along with them. I am currently staying with his mum and we do not talk at all. She does her own things I do mine. Yet, she can complain about me almost everyday. Its crazy. After I had my 2nd bb, I decided to take it easy. Totally ignore them, just treat them invisible. Coz, I felt I cannot always let them spoil my mood. Of course there come to certain point at times when I really cannot take it, then I will meet my gfs to have a bitching and beering night, or I will simply text to my gf to vent. There is nothing much we can do, because those are his family. He grew up with them. We are the wife whom probably had just been living with him for the past few years. Look on the brighter side, must always remember, do not let other pple's actions ruin your mood. It's so not worth it!