Undigested carrots found in poop

tehsusu79

Hi All Mummies,

Was wondering if anyone have this problem here - I fed DS (14mths) carrots yesterday, it was slightly mashed but you can still see it's chunky to encourage him to chew. However, this morning, I found undigested carrot bits or shall I say chunks in his poop. I googled while Babycentre says it might be normal but if it happens over periods of time, we will need to consult with PD. This is not the first time that it happens already but I also don't want to bring him to PD just yet because he shows no signs of discomfort in pooping & is in generally good health. Therefore was wondering if this is common among any mummies here? Or is there really a cause for concern here?

verieying

Hi,

My baby, and my older kids also do poop what they ate when they were young, as in.. can see some small tiny pieces of leafy vegetables, coloured like carrots etc.. I think it is fine as along as they are eating, pooping well? ;)

tehsusu79

Hi,

My baby, and my older kids also do poop what they ate when they were young, as in.. can see some small tiny pieces of leafy vegetables, coloured like carrots etc.. I think it is fine as along as they are eating, pooping well? ;)

Hi veriying Mummy,

Yup he is eating well & pooping ok but can see he has to squeeze d poop out even though he drinks quite a fair bit of water. Thanks alot for the assurance!

Alisa

think its very normal to see bits of food in their poo cuz they sometimes lazy to chew so swallow the food instead.

tehsusu79

it's very normal... so maybe you can make carrot puree or cook the carrots till it's soft very soft

actually he have no problem when eating carrot puree but I need to encourage him to chew his food since he is already 14mths old. D carrots i cook is normally very very soft but i try not to mash it up like puree texture so its slightly lumpy & he is able to gum on it like in a chewing motion. anyway, I will keep trying or feed lesser carrots so it doesn't bother me. LOL!