Unhappy with MIL

felicity

Thanks for your advise. I will try to let it go. But this morning, she compare my baby with her daughter's baby. Her baby is 1kg more than my son when giving birth. She keeps saying I never take care of him when pregnant, that's why so skinny.
i'm sure there are babies lighter than yours too. but all the babies grow up fine! so what was the weight when your mil's kids were born? v heavy ah? actually every baby's weight also genetic one... not something we can control... anyway dun be too upset. you have your own family to take care of, ignore her comments and enjoy your own life :)

mamatiger

Cannot agree more with everyone else. Maybe your mother in law doesnt mean to be like that. You can never compare to her daughter as much as she can never compare to your mom. Maybe she doesn't want to overinterfere or too involved in your life she found it awkward to act like your mom. I feel the same too because i dont know how to treat my mother in law like my own mom because the feelings is just not the same. you shud be grateful becoz my mother in law is too overbearing everyday come over to house everyweekend expect to has family gathering n bring grandson to play. Because my parents in law too much in love with my son i felt that i lost control of my life because they will bother me n keep asking why and even spy on me if i cant bring my son to see them or let them come over to my house because i am too busy/ have problem.

Last edited:

vivitan

Garner support from your hubby, most important.
Well, as grandparents, its understandable they dote on their grandchildren, however, if they go overboard or interferes into your marriage or family life, then it's unhealthy.
Meanwhile, play by ear and be diplomatic when dealing with them, cos if you say something so much against them your hubby will feel you are not understanding.