Universal Studios

Coelyn

Went USS during a Sat. Thot Qs were long for an afternoon timing between 2pm to 5pm but when we finally (relunctantly) made our way out around 7pm, we realised that the night is still young, much more people were flooding in. We actually reached around 1.30 pm to meet our group ... considered early but realised the ticketing booths were closed and displayed 'Ticket all Sold out'. :err:

During our pm visit, we saw some attractions with waiting time of 45mins. As we had the Express pass, we were able to cut Qs. As I'm afraid of heights, especially the roller coaster rides, I actually didnt make the $$ worth. I went into the Revenge of the Mummy (roller coaster in the dark) but got chicken-out thus backtracked and fled for my life. Of cos, my kid had to follow me :001_302:.

Overall, my kid loved the Shrek 4-D Adventure where u could feel the 'sneeze' in the form of water vapour on the face and the chairs moved. Didn't really liked the Action WaterWorld Show as the petrol smell was too strong. They made many fires/explosion. Those audience in the front rows were kind of wet because the actors purposely splashed water on them. :elvis:

The ride that we enjoyed is the Jurassic Park Rapids Adventure - circular rafts tossed on waterways within the Jurassic Park compound. It only had one sudden but gentle slide down. Bring poncho or buy there cos you sure get wet.

One daring ride I took was the Canopy Flyer - enjoyed a prehistoric bird’s eye view.... hmm well, I was too frighten to look around, just praying hard for my ride to end. My kid (must be 1m tall, I think) was so happy while I was holding onto her arm so tightly ... so frighten:shyxxx:.

We dine at Magadasca cos we found the price most acceptable.... we sat there for 1.5hrs instead of going for more rides since I'm so 'timid'.

This is a place that we won't visit regularly due to the price - I can't make my $$ worth it. It is a place for 1st timer - an eye opener :Dancing_wub:

vinder79

I have brought both my kids 10 mths and 2 yrs there and i feel that they need to be abt 4 to 5 to enjoy the rides there.I had free tickets so heart not that painful cause all we did were take pics..bUT THE PIZZA IS GD.I heard from my bro that u can go in after 7 pm pay $2 to take pics and for dinner only.No rides or costume characters.

Coelyn

I have brought both my kids 10 mths and 2 yrs there and i feel that they need to be about 4 to 5 to enjoy the rides there.I had free tickets so heart not that painful cause all we did were take pics..bUT THE PIZZA IS good.I heard from my bro that you can go in after 7 pm pay $2 to take pics and for dinner only.No rides or costume characters.

:err:
This sounds good for people like me. But wonder how USS differentiate with the other full price visitors. Remember when it was having its initial opening, no rides yet, visitors need to $10 for picture taking, $2 seemed too good to be true.

doratheexplorer

hi all thot this thread might be the one for me to get some suggestions. i am going on a 3d2n to uss staying in festive hotel. i am going to universal studio theme park on the 2nd day. so what can i do on the day i check in and the last day of check out. we are driving in and bringing along my kids aged 4 and 6 yrs. though the trip is short would like them to have as much fun even for a short spell. appreciate ur advices...my trip is on 20 dec coming soon