Upgrading to Stage 2 (6months onwards) formula milk

corinne22

My baby is going to reach 6months and it is time to change the milk formula to the next stage.

She is currently drinking Nestle NAN HA 1 which is a bit bitter by nature as all hypoallergenic formula are supposed to be less sweet and less thick.

I want to switch to Nestle NAN PRO which is the sweeter version but apparently I checked out that it is made in Phillipines. This is weird because all NAN PRO & HA are made in Switzerland but only the NAN PRO 2 is made in Philipines.

So now I am thinking of giving her Similac which i don't know if it is good.

I am very careful when changing formula milk because I ever tried Enfalac but I hate the spoon because unlike Nestle they have a straight flat corner so that you can scrap the access powder. Also, Enfalac is very thick and hard to dissolve. Eventually, I gave up and stick to Nestle instead.

Any mummies can share with me your view in Similac? Is it "heaty" and cause a lot of phlegm? Is it easily dissolved? How is the scoping spoon like?

My last question is how and when did you upgrade to the stage 2 formula? I intend to slowly switch by giving stage 2 milk when baby is 5.5months. As she drinks 6 feeds a day, I will probably give 3 feeds in stage 1 and the other 3 feeds in stage 2.

Ting

cant help u on the similac issue cos my daughter is on friso since birth.
as for the switch in stages.. mostly ppl just replace the feeds one by one.. like u mention 6 feeds a day then switch 5 stage 1, 1 stage 2, then 4 stage 1, 2 stage 2 n so on..
for me, i just switched immediately after she finishes her last tin of stage 1. n the subsequent stages..no issues on my girl.. she's ok with the direct switch. :)

ling.er

My Son use to drink NEstle Nan HA 1 ... After tat i found tat his poo is smelly & change to PRO.. After all he is ok with it..

* I change slowly .. Like 1 day 6 feed right..
Monday - 5 feed of HA 1 then 1 feed of Pro 2
Tus 4 feed of HA 1 2 feed of PRO 2

Slowly change to PRO 2..

Since 3Mth my son is having NEstle PRO ..

corinne22

Hey ling.er, I realised that Nan Pro 2 is made in Philippines... I am quite disappointed because of all the Pro and HA stage 1,2,3... Only Pro 2 is made in Philippines whereas the rest are miade in Switzerland.

Not as if the made in Philippines is cheaper lor. :S

AisBella

Hi Ladies,

My boy is drinking PRO 2 too, understand it is made from Philipines, tries searching for those made in Switzerland like others but failed. At first i was worried too, but i tried on to my boy and he has got no problem consuming it till now.

As for upgrading to stage 2 for your child, maybe at first, u may want to mix stage 1 & 2 to see whether your child can accept the change of taste, then slowly u give full to your child.

i did exactly like that. But if any negative effect, please stop immediately.I'm just sharing my experience.