Urgent: Looking for a daytime confinement lady

cj9404

Alpha Male
My wife is going to give birth maybe somewhere next week,BUT I just knew that the CL I booked, which is a friend of my relative can't come, so now I need to find a daytime confinment lady, just need to take care of baby and cook for my wife, no housework.

Anybody have recommentation? thanks a lot.

BTW: what is tha market rate for a daytime CL?

kym

day time cl charge S$1800 for 28 days, 9am to 6pm. : ) So why not consider staying in CL.

My wife is going to give birth maybe somewhere next week,BUT I just knew that the CL I booked, which is a friend of my relative can't come, so now I need to find a daytime confinment lady, just need to take care of baby and cook for my wife, no housework.

Anybody have recommentation? thanks a lot.

BTW: what is tha market rate for a daytime CL?

cj9404

Alpha Male
you need for how long?
the whole month???
cant get your mum or mother in law to help?
Yeah, I think should be whole month. This is my fist baby, still not sure how tough it will be. just now talked to my cllleague during lunch time, seems to him, CL is not really necessary, can order food for my wife online, the only problem might be taking bath for baby.

matka

Hi cj9404

I did my confinement without a confinement lady. I explored a daytime confinement lady too but my delivery date was around CNY and the quotes were exorbitant - equivalent to a degree holder's starting pay. Plus you will have to pay for the ingredients for the food costs as well.

I had my confinement food ordered through tingkat delivery (i went with Natal Essentials) and basically took care of baby myself. My mum and mother in law came on alternate days just to hang around and help out with the housework. It was a good experience with baby.

As for bathing... I think it's good to try it out yourselves. It may be scary at first, but you'll soon get the hang of it. After the CL leaves, you will still have to figure a way to bathe baby. My friend relied on her CL the whole time and after she left, she let her maid bathe baby. Because of that, she didn't dare to bathe her child even when he was 6 months old.

Last edited:

cj9404

Alpha Male
Hi Matka,

Thanks for sharing your experience with me. After read through what you wrote, fell better now, we have maid to maid at home to handle housework, and we will be breastfeeding, hopes we can handle all the other things.

Just feel that to find a CL in such a short period is mission impossible.

Please bear with me, Can I ask why taking bath for newborn baby is so difficult? Is it because baby is too soft that we don’t know how to handle it?

Thanks,
CJ

matka

Hi CJ

As long as your maid can handle the housework, I think that'll be a big load off your minds. You just have to persevere if baby cries and all, but quite often, baby will be sleeping a lot especially in the first few weeks.

No worries... I can safely say a lot of us would have experienced the same kind of anxieties you're having now. It seems difficult to bathe baby at first because it's just so small. But don't worry... if you're not confident at first, you can hold on to baby and start with doing a wipe down instead of submerging baby into the tub.

After delivery when you're in the hospital, just take the opportunity to ask the nurses what's the best way to hold/carry the baby when you're bathing her.

Actually newborns and babies are much more resilient than you think :) They are very hardy.

Don't worry and ask your wife to relax... and take it easy. During this time she might also experience baby blues. It'll be good for the two of you to read up about it so that you're aware when she suddenly experiences mood swings out of nowhere. It can get frustrating - for both you and her - but it's something that she cannot help herself. It does get better in a matter of weeks though.

In fact, I have friends who have had CLs and instead of helping out, sometimes their views and opinions added more stress to my friends on confinement. So a good thing can sometimes become more of a hindrance as well.

kym

Well, it really depends on individual. cj9404, discuss with your wife, listen to her needs. she is the one that have to take care baby all by herself when you are working and no cl helping her.