urine often

karoru

i have the urge to urine very often, 3 - 4 times per hour... the ladies in my office is very far away from my workstation so usually i will control till i really cannot tahan then go to ladies... do you mummies know whether will there be any side effects and what will happen to the baby in my tummy? i feel bad but just can't help it... sob!!!

yakii

i have the urge to urine very often, 3 - 4 times per hour... the ladies in my office is very far away from my workstation so usually i will control till i really cannot tahan then go to ladies... do you mummies know whether will there be any side effects and what will happen to the baby in my tummy? i feel bad but just can't help it... sob!!!
When i drink too much water i will have to pee every half an hr..so now i reduce the intake but still drinking so far so good.

joopjoop

I also need to go to the toilet like every 1 hr, but I try not to control my urine cos sometimes if i control my urine and if i sneeze, a bit of my urine will leak out :embarrassed:. My workplace only have one adult toilet so its always ocuppied everytime. so i will go to the toilet if i feel the need to instead of holding it. but i think its quite common that preggy women face this problem as our bb is resting on our bladder area so makes it hard for us to control our urine. even at night i also wakes up around 3 times to go to the toilet.

jasobias

hi,its better to go pee when u need it.Holding it back like tht wld cause urine infections which in serious cases cld affect both u n the baby.U cld also check with ur gynae to see if u have a urine infection in the first place tht is causing u to go pee so often.Its just a urine test n results r known immediately.

Stan

so far if i drink a lot of water, it is abt 1-2hrs once....
dont hold your urine cos it will result in urinal tract infections...
do u have any pain or burning sensation when pee-ing??
u may want to check on this with a GP... 3-4times per hr is every 15mins... that is really often!!

cui_er

I have to go about once or at most twice an hour during the day. But while sleeping at night, I get up at least 4x to go and it's really making me lose sleep... Feel like zombie every day nowadays... >.<

melodie

for the past 3 nights, i have been waking up at ard 4-5am to pee and then find it difficult to fall back to sleep.

even if i do fall asleep eventually, i will have weird dreams.

luckily on mc for the past 2 days, if not don't know how to work manz... :err:

melodie, i'm experiencing the same. always pee at 5am then can't sleep. but at least it's not as bad as during 1st trimester i pee like 4-5 times a night so basically never sleep the whole night. just be patient, when baby get bigger the uterus will move upwards then will not pee that frequently.

summerp

I go pee 1x or 2x in an hour ba. i try not to drink too much before sleeping but still will get up at least 1 -2 at night to go pee... Nowadays, its hard to fall asleep although i feel tired.

melodie

HoneyLicious: yupz, hope it gets better. if not go to work cannot concentrate well.

summerp: like what honeylicious mentioned, hang in there! we will get through this... :win:

Stan

Initially i also keep waking up at 4-5am to pee too...
so what i do now... i will drinking my required water amount mostly during the day and then try to drink less after dinner... now can sleep till morning without waking up to pee.
Maybe mummies can try.

karoru

seems like most of the mummies only have these probs during the night... i used to have it during the night, too but better now... only wake up once during midnight to urine... most of the time are in day time... no buring sensation so me and gyne rule out urine tract infection... tot it will be beta during second trimester, too but seems to get worse... argh!!! but cannot don drink coz scared dehyrated and constipation... argh!!!!

izanyzam

I pee almost every 2 hours throughout the day..At night,i wake up at least twice to go pee..After that find it difficult to go back to sleep..Also,once i have the urge,i have to go immediately coz i feel pressure and pain at my lower abdomen area..Was told by my gynae this is normal due to my uterus lying right smack between my pelvic region.But as the pregnancy progresses,my uterus will go up so will ease my pain.

Things get worse while im in the office,maybe due to aircon,i will pee more..Yesterday,while at work,i peed..Half an hour later,i had to go pee again..!!! Could also be due to me drinking a lot..If i dont drink,im always thirsty..If i drink,i have to go pee...Aiyohhhhhhh...!!!!:embarrassed:

karoru

yeah, same here... haha... if i don drink, i will get dehydrated and constipated... if i drink, i need to always pee... sigh.... but still must drink... just hope that things will get better as the pregnancy progress....

karoru, just drink to keep out the constipation and dehydration cos keep in mind that all this is only temporary.. i drank lots of water too especially in the day as i get thirsty all the time, maybe due to hot weather too. but 2 hours before i sleep i tend to sip and not drink in big gulps.

Justina

Hi Ladies,
U may want to get a Urinary Tract Infection test kit at any pharmacy. It easy to use - just like pregnancy test kit. At least you will know if ur frequency in urinating is due to infection or pregnancy. Try cranberry juice if you have infection. Take care...

izanyzam

Hi Ladies,
you may want to get a Urinary Tract Infection test kit at any pharmacy. It easy to use - just like pregnancy test kit. At least you will know if your frequency in urinating is due to infection or pregnancy. Try cranberry juice if you have infection. Take care...
Yup ive heard that cranberry juice is very good during pregnancy..havent tried them yet though..Wonder how it tastes like..?? :err:

Thanks for sharing the info Justina..!!

karoru

thanks, justina... will get a test kit next time when i drop by... yeah, cranberry juice is good for prevention of urine tract infection... will try to drink more often...