Useful Training Pants to recommend

atkht

Hi,

would like to try to potty train my son. Anyone can recommend which type of training pants is good? Have seen in some shops selling pants with inserts... is that training pants?

Mummy to Baby V

Generally, cloth training pants need to be easily pulled up and down, for quick trips to the potty. (Toddlers can give VERY short notice sometimes.)
For early stage of training, pants with more absorbency helps to hold at least 1 accident well. Good to have: waterproof outer layer. These are also suitable for continued training when outdoors.

For later stage of training, can use pants with only slightly thicker centre, non waterproof is good to speed up the learning.

For any training pants, ensure the inside is NON stay-dry, so that child feels wetness immediately after pee-ing.

atkht

Generally, cloth training pants need to be easily pulled up and down, for quick trips to the potty. (Toddlers can give VERY short notice sometimes.)
For early stage of training, pants with more absorbency helps to hold at least 1 accident well. Good to have: waterproof outer layer. These are also suitable for continued training when outdoors.

For later stage of training, can use pants with only slightly thicker centre, non waterproof is good to speed up the learning.

For any training pants, ensure the inside is NON stay-dry, so that child feels wetness immediately after pee-ing.

Hi,

which brand and model would you recommend for early stages? I really got no idea where to buy.. :(Thks.

Mummy to Baby V

Hi,

which brand and model would you recommend for early stages? I really got no idea where to buy.. :(Thks.
My boy has been using modern cloth diapers since birth, so I used some of them as training pants.

1. Knickernappies: fleece inner layer, feel a little wetness, waterproof outer, adjust absorbency using inserts, side snaps are easier pull up/down on slimmer child
Review: Knickernappies 2G Pocket Diapers | Mummy's Reviews

2. GroVia All-in-One: cotton inner layer feels wet, waterproof outer, sewn in soaker, side snaps & stretchy tabs very easy to pull up/down
Not sure where to get in S'pore. https://www.gro-via.com/cloth/grovia-aio.html

My boy uses both for longer outdoor trips now, just in case.

ping26

If yr child can pee into a potty upon request, just get lots of regular underwear. Bring him to toilet at 30 or 45 min interval. He shld get it after a few days. He shld be better after 1 week. Cheap & effective. safest age to start training is ard 15-18mth.

My baby has lots of urine cos she drinks a lot. Training pants can't even hold 1x.

snowee

Hi,

for boy, how to train. To stand or to carry let him pee? I notice when i bring my 16mth old son to the toilet , if he pee, he will get his foot in the urine.. :( any better solution. To pee into the potty better or pee on the toilet floor better ..

Mummy to Baby V

Hi,

for boy, how to train. To stand or to carry let him pee? I notice when i bring my 16mth old son to the toilet , if he pee, he will get his foot in the urine.. :( any better solution. To pee into the potty better or pee on the toilet floor better ..
For my boy, we started pre-potty training at 7 months old, so it's been sitting on potty. Less tiring on me too, cos he may need to sit for a while before any output.

At 2+ years old, then hubby taught him to stand and pee, at outside urinals and at toilet bowl at home. Personally, I don't let him pee on toilet floor cos find it incorrect.

I've also seen a mum hold potty up to let son pee into it while standing. I tried it once. Then son tried to pee while standing into potty (when I was busy) -- 1 good aim, then once complete miss! Didn't encourage that since. Haha...