Using Contraceptive - Pills or IUD

wida

Hi mummies, wanna ask your opinion/feedbacks re any of u using contraceptive precautions?

Any side effects? Hope u can share yr reviews.

Tq..

Breastfeeding cannot take pills. Only option is IUD. For me personally, inserting the IUD was mad crazy painful! Almost made me swear off sex completely. Cramp feeling and spotting after but it'll all go away. Occasional spotting but no period now.

VCHUASY

Hi I had been using pills since my gal was born jul 10, was told by gynae no side effects, she intro yasmin , n was told its one of the ex ones but most ppl use liao very ok, mayb u can try

wida

I am preggy wif my 2nd bb and will be due in April. Im afraid of getting pregnant too soon lik my 1st bb. I am still skeptical whether to use IUD or contraceptive pills.

Any mummies out there has solutions? Btw, since I am not working, I intend to BF full time. Some mummies mentioned taking pills is not advisable to BF.

PinkDiamonds

If you are BFing you can take the mini-pill, which is a toned down version of the normal birth control pill. For the mini pill u dun need to stop 1 week for ur period to come, as is the case for the normal birth control pills.

It also depends on the length of birth control u r looking for.

Pills for short-term birth control, not recommended for more than 2 years. The downside is when u intend to conceive there is a cooling period after u stop before u can try to conceive again, about 6 months I think.

IUD is for long-term can last you up to 5 years for Mirena. U may get light periods or no periods at all.

Side effects of birth control ranges from mood changes, weight gain, lower sex drive, and even vaginal dryness.

VCHUASY

will taking pills affect our our chances of birth?

was advised by gynae that the moment u stopped taking, within the next 24 hrs, ur chances of pregnant goes back to normal. B4 my gal was born, i was oso on pills n ya its true.

kams

I'm on IUD (Multiload copper coil). 5yrs duration. No hormones involved, so safe for breastfeeding. Ultra cheap($30 i think, excluding gynae's fees). Side effects are extra spotting before & after menses, & heavier than usual menses.

I heard tht if you start to take pills , u get higher chance of getting fat. Is tht true? And i want start on pills too. But not sure which one and whr to get. And how many a day can i take?
:eek:

kams

I heard tht if you start to take pills , u get higher chance of getting fat. Is tht true? And i want start on pills too. But not sure which one and whr to get. And how many a day can i take?
U shd ask ur gynae during your biennial(every 2 yrs) pap smear check-up. Gynae is the best person to decide on which contraceptive methods are available for you based on your preferences & health status.

U shd ask ur gynae during your biennial(every 2 yrs) pap smear check-up. Gynae is the best person to decide on which contraceptive methods are available for you based on your preferences & health status.
Hii,
I dnt hv a preferd gynea. If i go to polyclubic will tht be ok? Nd i am 22 yrs old so i still hv to go for pap? And does it hurts???

VCHUASY

I heard tht if you start to take pills , you get higher chance of getting fat. Is tht true? And i want start on pills too. But not sure which one and whr to get. And how many a day can i take?
Hi not that I know of, so far i dun thk i m fat lo..hahahaa...usually u will hav to do pap smear 1st b4 u can b on pills, n u only take 1 pill per day.

kams

Hii,
I dnt hv a preferd gynea. If i go to polyclubic will tht be ok? Nd i am 22 yrs old so i still hv to go for pap? And does it hurts???
Yeah going to polyclinic for pap smears & to get contraceptives is fine, if you don't mind any doctor doing it for you. As long as you are sexually active, you should go for regular pap smears. Doesn't hurt for me, not sure about other ladies. Check here for polyclinic pap smear info Pap Smear Procedure - Health Promotion Board Singapore and here for polyclinic's contraceptive info Choosing the right birth control method for you - Health Promotion Board Singapore . :)

kams

There's also contraceptive implants & contraceptive patch (some people called it a butt patch coz they stick it on their butt). Google it for more info. But not sure if polyclinics offer these types of contraceptives as they can be expensive.