Using pillow/bolster

babytazz

Hi mummys,

Wonder when did you all start using pillow and bolster for your child? My MIL started nagging about wanting my son to use pillow and bolster. I insisted pillow should use after 1 yr then she went on to say son should use bolsters to place on both sides of him (like what my sister in law did to her 5 mths old son) so that next time he will use.. I feel it's not correct.... he don't need these now. Also mentioned if don't use buy for what.. Now I regret buying and storing here at home. Hai..

pkshl

newborn dun need pillows. just use a cloth diaper as pillow. or if u really want, get babysafe oval shape pillow with a hole in the centre. this oval shape pillow is for 0-6mths babies.

Unless you place yr baby sleep sideways, den mayb can let yr baby hug the bolster. but some bolsters r quite big.

my son from birth until now doesnt use the pillow or bolster. his pillow will endup somewhere else, bolster he dun like, he prefers his beanie.

May i ask who is taking care of yr baby?

yan2

My girl is now 3 yrs old, doesn't use pillow or bolster since born...the pillow or bolster will end up somewhere...she has alots of different style of sleeping.

apollo

intro pillow/bolster only aft 1yo. i intro those dimple pillow to ds when he was NB, and when we brought him to his jab at 3mth old, pd said his head was v flatten, and was due to the dimple pillow, cos he lie on it, he become lazy to turn his head, pd called him, he only turn his eys to look at him, die die dun wan turn his head. and becos he dun turn his head, it became v flat.

and also, pillows n bolsters can be very dangerous! might suffocate them! so pls keep all these away from him =)

babytazz

newborn dont need pillows. just use a cloth diaper as pillow. or if you really want, get babysafe oval shape pillow with a hole in the centre. this oval shape pillow is for 0-6mths babies.

Unless you place yr baby sleep sideways, then mayb can let yr baby hug the bolster. but some bolsters r quite big.

my son from birth until now doesnt use the pillow or bolster. his pillow will endup somewhere else, bolster he dont like, he prefers his beanie.

May i ask who is taking care of yr baby?

I'm taking care now but when I return to work, he's going to infant care. Staying with MIL.

babytazz

intro pillow/bolster only after 1yo. i intro those dimple pillow to dear son when he was NB, and when we brought him to his jab at 3mth old, pediatrician said his head was very flatten, and was due to the dimple pillow, cos he lie on it, he become lazy to turn his head, pediatrician called him, he only turn his eys to look at him, die die dont want turn his head. and becos he dont turn his head, it became very flat.

and also, pillows n bolsters can be very dangerous! might suffocate them! so pls keep all these away from him =)

I thought so too about the suffocate part.. esp when he's so small, won't even know suffocating.

apollo

I'm taking care now but when I return to work, he's going to infant care. Staying with mother in law.
I thought so too about the suffocate part.. esp when he's so small, won't even know suffocating.
since he will be going to infant care, not to wry. i believe tt infant care teachers noe hw to tc of him. as for night time, he is slping with u right? if so, then dun wry, cos u'll still be the one deciding whether to give him pillows anot =)

babytazz

since he will be going to infant care, not to wry. i believe that infant care teachers know hw to tc of him. as for night time, he is sleeping with you right? if so, then dont wry, cos you'll still be the one deciding whether to give him pillows anot =)
Actually not too worried abt pillow coz I'm definitely not giving that. Only more worried abt bolester but you r right! I can always put the bolesters aside at night if she insist on using.. hehe..