Vaccination rate in polyclinics

beautyholic

Anyone can advise on the vaccination rate for newborn/infant at polyclinics ?

I have checked with private paediatric, the rates are infanrix 6-in-1 @ $110/dose, rotarix @ $100/dose, prevenar @ $170/dose, MMRV @ $120/dose and infanrix 5-in-1 @ $80.

Will it be cheaper in polyclinics?

Thanks.

Last edited:

apollo

I have checked with private paediatric, the rates are infanrix 6-in-1 @ $110/dose, rotarix @ $100/dose, prevenar @ $170/dose, MMRV @ $120/dose and infanrix 5-in-1 @ $80.

Thanks.
ur pd charges cheaper than ds' pd... ds pd charges 120 for 5in1 iirc,. and 130 for mmrv..

tangzcandy

Thanks.
Hi, i pay around $386 for 6-in-1 jab at AMK polyclinic. its a package provided by them. for polyclinics, there's 2 diff type. National Healthcare Group & SingHealth. NHG polyclinics is cheaper than Singhealth polyclinics. MMR is given free from Polyclinic for all babies who are Singapore Citizen.

apollo

Hi, i pay around $386 for 6-in-1 jab at AMK polyclinic. its a package provided by them. for polyclinics, there's 2 diff type. National Healthcare Group & SingHealth. NHG polyclinics is cheaper than Singhealth polyclinics. MMR is given free from Polyclinic for all babies who are Singapore Citizen.
if i not wrong, the package also includes a booster at 18mth old right? iirc, NHG charges ard 320++ for 6in1 package =)

beautyholic

if i not wrong, the package also includes a booster at 18mth old right? iirc, NHG charges around 320++ for 6in1 package =)
Thanks, mummies. The booster at 18mth old izzit same as 5-in-1? New mum here, pls correct me if i m wrong :p

How about pneumococcal? Do you go for that?

apollo

Thanks, mummies. The booster at 18mth old izzit same as 5-in-1? New mum here, pls correct me if i m wrong :p

How about pneumococcal? Do you go for that?
i think the booster is for 5/6in1.. 18mth only tt booster niaa...

yes i let ds took pneumococcal. his pd charges $170 per dose =)

beautyholic

i think the booster is for 5/6in1.. 18mth only that booster niaa...

yes i let dear son took pneumococcal. his pediatrician charges $170 per dose =)

Pneumococcal can be taken from 2 months old, rite? Should take how many dose in all?

apollo

Pneumococcal can be taken from 2 months old, rite? Should take how many dose in all?
ds took total 4 doses cos he took the 1st dose below 6mth old. it depends on when the 1st dose was taken, have to ask ur pd or the polyclinic nurses for more details.

ds took at 3mth, 4mth, 6mth, 12mth. =)

apollo

will baby fever after these jab? heard that take china barley before jab will reduce the changes of fever..
some babies will have fever aft the jab. as for barley, i think depends on hw old ur bb is.. if only 2-3mth old, they dun nd any water yet mahhh, what for give barley? i didnt give ds any barley b4 the jabs.. anw the fever usually is mild one. =)

Renzie

hmm...during her third month jab, I gave her barley water the week before, she was already drinking water since newborn. Then mother in law made pao sheng for her, something about using rice water and steaming it together with the rice in the rice cooker. She had no fever and was her normal self then.

The recent jab just gave her barley water once, and no pao sheng. Had fever after the jab.

China barley is because its not so cooling. But during the third month jab, i remember them using normal barley which is more cooling.

ling.er

Pao Sheng can give to baby for the 3rd jap ?? Cos my by hav fever which up to 37.7 & the wound pain till nw . He keep crying non stop..

apollo

Pao Sheng can give to baby for the 3rd jap ?? Cos my by hav fever which up to 37.7 & the wound pain till now . He keep crying non stop..
honestly, i dun see a need to give. 37.7 is v mild. and, if fever come aft injection, means the vaccine is somehow 'wking'.. since it is pretty normal to get mild fever aft those jabs, i dun think there is a nd to give this and tt, esp ur baby is still so young..

just my 2 cents worth =)

IcyTaz

Hi all mummies,

if my son is getting 6 in 1 in private clinics does he still need to go back to polyclinic for the MMR?