Vex mum

smiley

Dear all mummy,

I am new to this forum. I have been a single mum for more than 8 years. I have two kids age 16 n 12. I have custody of them. Recently they are much closer with the dad n prefer to stay with them. My ex and his new wife.

He want a letter so that the kids are able to stay with them. Tell me what should I do.:shyxxx:

Hi Smiley,

Welcome to mummysg! I hope that you find comfort in sharing your stories with all of us here, and the more that i am hoping that we can help you and act as your support group.

Regarding your situation, I can only imagine how it feels. I know that you have given your very best to raise your two kids and now, here they are, choosing their father over you. They might have seen something, or experienced something that delights them. But whatever it is, that will never be enough for your ex-husband to take your children away from you. For God's sake! Talk to both your ex and your kids and tell what else can be done to keep the same arrangement. I am hoping for an amicable arrangement. For now, avoid stressing yourself that much. gather as much strength as you can because there is a battle that awaits.

We are here for you! Good luck.

-Sarah

smiley

Hi Sarah,

Thanks for your comforting words. My ex doesn't want to talk to me at all. He kept chasing the kids for the letter, they feeling they are caught in between us. Kids doesn't want to stay me due to they don't have their privacy, I am renting someone place. So we only stay in a room. Thanks to God my landlady are v nice to us.

whereas the dad have their own roof and can provide the kids teir own individual room.
p

Hi, Smiley!

No biggie. I'll be of help as long as I can!

It is saddening that your children suffer because they are torn between the comfort that your ex can give and your comfort to them as their mum. If talking to their father seems impossible, maybe, instead, approach your kids, because in the end, no matter how forceful your ex to get your children but your kid do not want to, your ex cannot do anything. talk to them, heart-to-heart. I may be biased but children are more inclined to choose their mothers.

Keep me/us posted!

-Sarah

smiley

Hi Sarah

as what I post before they prefer to stay with their dad now. I let them be. Hopefully that new wife can't stand them n chase them out

smiley

Hi Sarah,

i am recently feeling very stress at work. Piles and piles of work to be clear, report to do. My boss make me like a little kid that need to write a time table and how long I need to finish a task.

My kids didn't even bother to call me at all, feeling all the way down.