Vicks Inhaler

ellyeun

Hi all,
I'm having this runny nose, blocked nose everyday lately............
getting very irritating...........
Arrggghh... doc medication doesnt seems to work...

use tiger balm and vicks inhaler, it seems to work a little....
But im getting abit worried, not sure if I can use it, im currently 16wks now

please advise! many thanks

furlin

hi ellyeun, I'm also using the Vicks inhaler for my blocked nose. I read from 1 of the pregnancy books that it is okay to use, no harm :)

PinkDiamonds

u can try the "Breath Right" nasal strips which u can get frm watson's guardian, etc. It's the one where u paste a strip of plastic on ur nose. I find it helps a lot with nasal congestion and also when u gently rub the strip, it'll release something like the vicks inhaler. :)

ellyeun

PinkDiamonds my hubby uses tt for his snoring!! didnt know tht will helps too!! will try it tonight!!!

Is blocked and running nose a common thing in pregnancy?!?!?!
is so irritating !!

JazN

It contains Champhor which is not really suitable for pregnant mummies. This was told to me by a pharmacist at kk. Do correct me if you find out otherwise. Best check with your gynae or pharmacist. sorry not trying to scare anyone

pinkyng

im sorry i dun understand y vicks inhaler can vicks vapour rub cant?? tgt tat wan better?? im using tat, me too i feel im preg having blocked nose, sneeze etc...all the flu syntoms comes.

ellyeun

im sorry i dont understand y vicks inhaler can vicks vapour rub cant?? together that want better?? im using that, me too i feel im preg having blocked nose, sneeze etc...all the flu syntoms comes.
pinkyng: according to doc, he said the vapor rub contains something that is bad for infant's lung or something like tt, so better don use, just play safe