Viginal Inspection to check for dialation before delivery

Jodav

I had heard scary stories about viginal inspection by nurses before delivery. Heard it's painful and very painful... Some mothers need to go thru it as much as 5 times (one of my friend) because she had "fake" contractions a day before delivery. Ended up suffered 5 times viginal inspection by nurses. She also bleed due to this inspection.

Is it true that using nurses' hands and fingers is the ONLY way to check for dialation before delivery? Any options? It appeared so scary to imagine that the nurses whole had is going to be inserted in the viginal!!!! What if the nurse has fat hands??

CanCanMum

its not painful....just a funny feeling...coz their hands are covered with thin rubber gloves and with a smooth liquid such that the whole hand will go in like a slimy thing....and twists around....coz during delivery time your vagina is also sort of "expanded"

i was inspected 5 - 6 times oso....by male gynae as well as female gynae....

i am not sure if that is the only method but seems like it?

i hoped someone can invent some 99% accurate machine instead of this manual thingy too....hahahhahahahaa

yakii

Ya I also go thru 5-6 times by the nurse..but overall is not really that bad cos the contraction is worst then the nurse using her hand to check...but when the time of the contraction is that the max and the nurse do her check..i really feel like kicking her on the face...lolz:Dancing_tongue:

Jodav

Hi yakii,

Did you have epidural for your delivery? Heard it will not be that painful after epidural?

yakii

Yes i had that but then i could still can feel the contraction....eveyone tell me that wont feel a thing..but it seem very different...till the end where i still pushing...the epidural ended....but i keep asking my gynae to top up a little bit more for me cos i dun want to go thru the stitching w/o it...kind of scary...hee hee

Basha

its not painful....just a funny feeling...coz their hands are covered with thin rubber gloves and with a smooth liquid such that the whole hand will go in like a slimy thing....and twists around....coz during delivery time your vagina is also sort of "expanded"

i was inspected 5 - 6 times oso....by male gynae as well as female gynae....

i am not sure if that is the only method but seems like it?

i hoped someone can invent some 99% accurate machine instead of this manual thingy too....hahahhahahahaa
Oh dear...dis sounds so scary & painful!! Gosh!! I wonder how my turn will be like....