Vitamins... Vitamins.. Which one is good?

apollo

is ur baby often falling ill? if not, i dun think she needs any vit.. and i personally feel tt a child shd build up immunity on thier own e.g. falling ill.. unless ur child is ALWAYS falling ill on 'regular' basic, if not i dun think she needs any vit esp she is so young, not even 1yo =)

JMHO =)

diymummy

Yeah. Kinda agree with apollo.

My son is now taking colostrum because he falls ill every 2 weeks to every mth from infant care. Now he is much better after taking colostrum.

I'm also intending to start my boy on DHA. I bought the bottle already but have not started it.

Before colostrum, I was feeding my son Appeton multi-vit infant drops. I did so for a few reasons. (1) His appetite is not good and is low in weight. Appeton infant drops contained lysine, a protein which encourages good appetite. (2) He was frequently ill and I have yet chanced upon colostrum.

My general conclusion of the matter is, you need to know why you want to start vitamins or supplements so that whatever you give will be used to do what you intend for it for your child.

apollo

Yeah. Kinda agree with apollo.

My son is now taking colostrum because he falls ill every 2 weeks to every month from infant care. Now he is much better after taking colostrum.

I'm also intending to start my boy on DHA. I bought the bottle already but have not started it.

Before colostrum, I was feeding my son Appeton multi-vit infant drops. I did so for a few reasons. (1) His appetite is not good and is low in weight. Appeton infant drops contained lysine, a protein which encourages good appetite. (2) He was frequently ill and I have yet chanced upon colostrum.

My general conclusion of the matter is, you need to know why you want to start vitamins or supplements so that whatever you give will be used to do what you intend for it for your child.
yes, not only noe why u want to gif and also ask urself, "does ur baby really needs it?"

for me, i dun think ds need any vit for building up his immunity cos he doesnt fall ill on regular basic lik diymummy's boy used to be, and he is not in childcare or infantcare. so what i give him is fish oil only. but i only started giving him AFTER he turns 1 =)

Feliz

Thanks apollo, diymummy for ur reply..

actually i dunno much abt vitamins for babies.. only that when i went to organic store den i see so many vitamins on display den i tot im missing that out.. hehhe.. ok now i knw.. so don need la.. will give edlycia aft 1..

Thank u!.. :tlaugh:

meiteoh

Personally, it's better for adults and children alike to obtain their nutrients from food itself instead of supplements - in other foods, try fixing your diet first. Supplements are more for people with food allergies or intolerance and like diymummy said, you need to know why you're giving supplements to your child and not give just because most people are doing it and etc.

Ting

vitamins r supplements. supplements r only needed if they r not getting the needed nutrients from their daily food. at first, i also wanted to give pin this vits n that but then my dad told me, pin is eating very well, so no need for it. so for now, im only giving her fish oil (reco by stonston :) ) as a supplement for her brain development. :)