vitex

Happy3

Hi, any breastfeeding mum too vitex to regulate your menses?
I have bee BF my girl for 21months and my menses are not here yet. Wanting to try for #2.
Any advice?

diza

Wow!!! Jealous of u! I had my first menses when my boy turned 6 mths. Im still having my menses despite BF my son. :( Just that my cycle is Abt 40 days instead of 28.

Frm what I know, need to stop BF then menses will come back agn. I'm also thinking of having no 2 but the thought of having to wean him off is quite depressing. I really enjoy nursing my boy.

happy3,
maybe for yr case, u need to stop before getting pregnant again. yr child is already 21 mths, so it means she is taking 3 meals and maybe 2-3 times breastmilk only? and yet you are still not menstrating. so i think best way is to plan ahead and see when it is a good time to stop and have #2

for my own experience, my menses return only on 5th month after birth, once and it never return till i stop breastfeed at 15month planning for #2. and menses return and i tried to conceive and now in my first trimester :)

really love to breastfeed #1 for longer time but since i have planning, i got to stop bf.

Happy3

I lovebbdylan, how did u wean off your bb at 15months? I want to wean her but very hard. She wants to be nurse to sleep and when she wakes up. When I am back in the evening, she wants to be drink as well. Hope to wean her off gently... Any good suggestion?

my boy is super fussy as well. nurse to sleep daily and just cannot get away with the night feed , he feed 3hrly thrgout 24 hr clock. after 1yr old, i stop offering breast, just gave milk in bottle strictly before he sleep or in the night. offer him comfort by hugging , singing and kissing him to sleep.

your 21 month might need more skills in distracting them compared to the younger ones.

it takes time to wean them off, that is why it is good to plan ahead. my fussy baby took 2-3 months to convert fr breastmilk to fully formula too. he just hates formula at that time

Happy3

Thank you so much for your advice. Sigh yah it's not going to be easy. Great work and persistent for weaning your boy.
I once deny my girl from BF as a punishment and she cried really loudly. Very upset. I am working and I don't want her to feel that I don't love her anymore and worst I don't want her to hate her mummy for that. Yah I got to come up with a plan hahaa.

i always believe the young ones are very smart. they won't think mummy hates them for any reason unless u punish them daily or too frequent. no matter how we leave them to caretaker, grandparents, at the end of the day, only mummies are the best.