want to conceive without stopping breastfeeding

Happy3

Hi,
Anyone still breastfeed but manage to conceive?
I don't want to stop breastfeeding my 14 months as I enjoy the bonding session but I hope to conceive.
So far my period is not back as well.
Sigh...

lyra

I conceived while fully Breastfeeding my son, now 16 month old.
Conceived within 2 months of my period coming back. If ur child is taking less breastmilk now n taking lots of food, most likely u'll start to ovulate. But u can do check up at gynae to make sure. For me, the irony is during my annual check up, my gynae scanned my womb n say it may not b easy for me to get preg soon, but who knows, weeks after he said that, I conceived!
Bad news is, this is a big surprise n we were not prepared for another baby. Gd news is no period pain n hassle for another 10 months n as long as I continue to bf! :D

Happy3

Congrats. Yes my baby is taking food for lunch and dinner but she still want to be nurse to sleep and once or twice at night.
U are pregnant and still breastfeeding?

lyra

Thanks! Yes I'm still breastfeeding. I'm wondering when my son will reject the milk when it changes to collostrum or will he ever reject it? I'll keep u posted :)

ast0212

I had to wean off night feeds (even though it was only 1 feed) to get my period back. It came back soon after and I conceived 2 months later. It could be the night feeds preventing ovulation.

All the best!

Happy3

How did you wean night feed?
My baby will "self service" at night as we co sleep. She will make noise when I refused to nurse her.

ast0212

At that time my son slept in his own room so hubby would settle him. Find something that works for you :)

I have no idea what I'll do if I want to wean of night feeds for my daughter, we cosleep and she can drink milk 2-4 times during the night... I'll probably get hubby to settle her.

pmcheng

Lyra n ast0212, have your babies turned one? I think we all had our kids around roughly the same period. Mine just turned 14mths and I'm still partial BF becos DS likes comfort suckling to sleep and during the night. Menses have not returned. Wld return of menses mean our hormone levels are back to normal and body is ready for next baby? Any idea if any ladies miss this menses period and go straight into next pregnancy?

lyra

Hi pmcheng. My son is now 17 mth. I think I conceived when my bb is a few months past one year...
not sure whether one can conceive even though period isn't back yet. Perhaps the body has started to ovulate before period came?

lyra

Thanks :) Yup it came back but when it came, its very irregular and I used to have regular periods. I wish you get your baby #2 too!

Happy3

Hi mummies, do you all think it helps to go see the gynae and do a check up as to why menses are not coming yet.

lyra

Hi mummies, do you all think it helps to go see the gynae and do a check up as to why menses are not coming yet.
Do u go back to gynae's clinic for a pap smear and ultrasound scan of uterus one year after childbirth? Actually we should do that every year for our health. Especially since you want to conceive again. During my check up, gynae scanned and told me it won't be easy for me to conceive but yet, I did.... few months after he said that.

One of my friends neglected the yearly check up and she was shocked to find a big cyst in her uterus when she went for a scan due to cramps.