Warming confinement shampoo n body wash

P4nic

Are these prodts really ok for use during confinement? U still need herbal water to rinse off rite? Btw I heard some mummies went salon to wash hair during confinement .. Is this advisable? I dunno whether I can tahan without bathing n shampooing during my confinement period :(

PTB7476

for sure i cant :tlaugh: so i will get those herbal bath for 28days :p now thinking should i get those dry shampoo :p

lekdao

for sure i cant :tlaugh: so i will get those herbal bath for 28days :p now thinking should i get those dry shampoo :p

Mayb u wanna consider to use dry shampoo for the first 11th days. On 12th day u can use herbal water to wash hair with normal shampoo, after wash immediately blow dry your hair. Please close all windows when u r cleaning yourself.

PTB7476

Mayb you wanna consider to use dry shampoo for the first 11th days. On 12th day you can use herbal water to wash hair with normal shampoo, after wash immediately blow dry your hair. Please close all windows when you r cleaning yourself.
Why 1st 11 days use dry shampoo? Will it make a different ?

lekdao

Why 1st 11 days use dry shampoo? Will it make a different ?

The elderly believes not to touch water too early.
During my confinment, the 1st week i cleaned my body whenever there is a need. 2nd weeks onward shower on alternate days, and on 12th days then i washed my hair once every 3- 4days, damn torturing. Every morning, i gotta used warm water (boil cooling + hot water) to brush teeth, clean face and wash hands. Even when going to the toilet i also used warm water to clean up the wound area.

That is why ppl said confinement is like living in hell, alot of restriction.

PTB7476

The elderly believes not to touch water too early.
During my confinment, the 1st week i cleaned my body whenever there is a need. 2nd weeks onward shower on alternate days, and on 12th days then i washed my hair once every 3- 4days, damn torturing. Every morning, i gotta used warm water (boil cooling + hot water) to brush teeth, clean face and wash hands. Even when going to the toilet i also used warm water to clean up the wound area.

That is why ppl said confinement is like living in hell, alot of restriction.
woah...i dun think i can take it esp in this kind of weather here...

Lolz...my mum told me tat i was so lucky to hv heavy rain every morning during my confinement! Remember tat time when Orchard flooded? Tat's my month! :p But despite of tat, i still keeps complaining abt my sticky body & sweaty smell head! :p

P4nic

Wah all these doesn't sound very pleasing!!! Hopefully can tahan!! I was told after delivery first week still need step out of the house to gynae check my wound and plus baby to go check up too OMG dunno In tat state can still 见人 a not.. Damn smelly

PTB7476

Wah all these doesn't sound very pleasing!!! Hopefully can tahan!! I was told after delivery first week still need step out of the house to gynae check my wound and plus baby to go check up too OMG dont know In that state can still 见人 a not.. Damn smelly
yah..that's why i intend to shower every day...even the agency also recommend showering at certain hours of the day ie the hottest part of the day...reason being ...hygiene...we need to BF the BB and we are in contact with them so better to keep ourselve clean...what's the point of showering the BB everyday to keep them clean when the mom did not ...well that's my point of view... alot of the old myth dun really apply to the modern world

eg the Chinese do not allow new mothers to bathe for a month following childbirth as they may catch a chill and suffer from rheumatism later on in their lives. but think about it... In the old days, no bathing was advised as women had to fetch water from rivers or wells. Also, water had to be boiled to remove organisms that cause infection. In winter, the boiled water had to be put into the tub and it got cold quickly, causing the mother to get a chill. As there was no stitching or sutures available then for perineal tear, the risk of infection was high if the water in the tub was contaminated.

as for Washing Hair, The worry should be that some women may get giddy spells when shampooing and slip. and not really about wind getting into headache cos afterall we will be using hotwater to shower and wash hair :001_302:

anyway these are my views... i know alot of woman still have their beliefs and continue to follow the confinement rules...but i will follow only when they make sense to me :001_302:

P4nic

I was told first 9 days not to bath but after tat can use herbal bath.. I try my best to keep to traditional method lo

Wah all these doesn't sound very pleasing!!! Hopefully can tahan!! I was told after delivery first week still need step out of the house to gynae check my wound and plus baby to go check up too OMG dont know In that state can still 见人 a not.. Damn smelly
Lolz...although i still get to bath & wash hair with the herbal water...i still cannot tahan loh...cos during confinement will SWEAT alot & cannot even face directly to the fan...Arggghhh...hao xin ku o.... :embarrassed:

As for the check up with the gynae, it's normally ONE MONTH after the delivery...

PTB7476

Lolz...although i still get to bath & wash hair with the herbal water...i still cannot tahan loh...cos during confinement will SWEAT alot & cannot even face directly to the fan...Arggghhh...hao xin ku o.... :embarrassed:

As for the check up with the gynae, it's normally ONE MONTH after the delivery...
that's why i cannot imagine how those woman who dun shower at all for the one month... it's a torture :err:

btw i tot 1st week BB got to go back hospital to see PD ?? no ?

camom

I tried those dry shampoos in my 1st delivery and eeeee.... cannot stand it. Looks like dandruff at the end of the day.

P4nic

I heard the dry shampoo works initially but after tat due to many days without shampooing the dry shampoo will become sticky.. Tog with the sweat. I dun think I like tat kind of feeling.. Will probably skip the dry shampoo!

bbloelim

i heard fr my colleague tat dry shampoo doesnt realy do any help.

i think i will follow the after 12days herbal bath.
isit we wash ourselves with the herbal water, get shampoo-ed, and rinse w herbal water again?

everything in warm water??

my mother going to take care of me, but she doesnt believe in these stuff, but i prefer sticking to the traditional. dun wan to regret when im old.