Watch is fast?

raciohurg

Hey watch guys,
I came across a Pagani Design watch on AliExpress while shopping for brush knots. For $60 I thought what the heck...
It’s a nice heavy and great looking watch. It’s a mechanical self-winding Seiko NH35A movement. I don’t have a lot of experience with self winding watches, but as I understand it, that Seiko movement is a reasonably good one??
Turns out it was running extremely Slow, then really fast, like 1 second per minute. I disputed the purchase at AliExpress and got my money back. I have taken it to the jeweler and had it demagnetized. The jeweler said it was working fine. It did for a little while, and it is back to running fast again. I tested it with a compass and it doesn’t appear to be magnetized again. (And I bought a Chinese demag tool and tried it.) Still fast.
How do I fix this “free” watch? I like the darned thing and I just can’t throw it in the trash.
Pete

sandrahofis

If you bought on Aliexpress and they are not very expensive, then order the same. Or find a good workshop. I think there are fans of repairing such watches.

Alienka

I bought some watches from Aliexpress almost six years ago, and I can say this is the biggest mistake. The only plus they have is the price. You can find different models at 20 or 30 $ off. However, almost all of them come with bugs, they tend to breakfast and you have to wait for them to be shipped over a month. After several bad experiences, I understood that it's easier to collaborate with professionals in this domain like newbondstreetpawnbrokers.com. You will spend a little more, but the watches will last you over a decade.