Water retention during week 23

Hi all,
Is it normal experience water retention around leg/anckle during week 23
esp evening time. I 've tried lift up leg when sleeping , next day morning is OK.
But when come end of the day the problem exist.

Is it due to sitting too long while working hours ? I 've try control not to eat salty food too.

zaclin29

Different people gets water retention at different time of their pregnancy..
some as early at Wk20 and some as late as Wk32...

I got mine ard Wk28...
And I started to elevate my legs while sleeping and in the office way before I got the water retention, sometime ard Wk20...
But I still get that horrible swelling...

Like you, in the morning my feet is ok but it will swell throughout the day.... So by night time it is horribly huge...
Went to sleep with elevated feet and it will be ok the next morning again....

I have tried to not sit too long or walk too much or not eat salty food or drink gallons of water... it doesnt help at all.....
Guess I have to tolerate my ugly feet until I give birth...

As a consolation, when ur swelling suddenly disappear one day, it is a sign that u are going to give birth!
At least we are given a "warning"... :)

felicity

i had crazy swollen feet too for a few days in week 25... cos those few days i literally walk or stand the entire day long with almost no break... really super swell up! but just like u ladies, after sleeping with the feet elevated, wake up in the morning ok le... later been resting so no more swollen feet for a while... but i think my swollen feet will be back real soon with the school reopening...

Mine even worse.. My feet started swollen when I was only 16 weeks! Hopefully nothing serious. My hubby massage for me every night and swelling immediately reduced but next day come again. Today better maybe cos I wales alot for shopping? But was dead tired and feet very suan. Hopefully will get better!

Will be seeing my gynae this Monday and will asked him about my feet. :)

drink plenty water throughout the day... less canned food... less processed food... less salty food... lift up legs with pillow when sleeping in bed
Hi all,
thanks for the reply, just check with my gynae too. He said it's normal...its either sitting/walk too longer hr.
If sitting at office need to do some leg execise :)

After hearing it not that worry, at first though it's age related hahaha... as I am 32 with first pregnancy.

zaclin29

did he say what kind of leg exercise we must do when sitting down ?

cos I already elevated my feet when sitting in the office and it doesnt help at all :(

did he say what kind of leg exercise we must do when sitting down ?

cos I already elevated my feet when sitting in the office and it doesnt help at all :(
sorry late reply, he said just move ur leg up down, up down when u sitting...
just move ur leg...ensure blood flow is smooth only...but i did't do also..cos concertrate working where got remember all this so much..now move in 27 weeks...water retention getting worst...

andieluv2

u can try whn sittibg down, extent and flex ur ankle.then rotate clockwise, then anti clock wise. then clench ur toes and hold for 10counts then let go. repeat all these 10x on both foot. it will help to reduce some swelling.