water retention

i'm now 28-29 weeks pregnant, i oredi start to c my leg got slight water rentention... is it normal to see water retention in such early phrase?

usually when we will c water rentention during pregnancy?

allycat

I remembered I had water retention that early too when carrying Wen. Its normal to have some water retention but you have to watch out if its very severe especially during the late stage of the pregnancy. One of ly girlfriend was hospitalised for 2 days due to sudden water retention (her face, hands, legs were all swollen).

Check with you doctor during your checkup to rule out abnormalities.

my last check up was last week... the next day after check up then only i c water retention on my leg... today it look slightly more obvious but only 1 leg got water retention.. the other 1 still looks normal...

rioikinz

Try raising your leg when you r sitting and pop them up with a pillow when you sleep. I did that and most of the time my legs are fine and if any sign of water retention it will go off the next morning.

vinder79

Try raising your leg when you r sitting and pop them up with a pillow when you sleep. I did that and most of the time my legs are fine and if any sign of water retention it will go off the next morning.
Apart from this try to reduce water intake after 10 pm.Try to reduce carbonated drinks as well.

blackpiggy

I already have water retention when I was in my 22 week and still having it. I think it depends on each individual. But I'm feeling ok other than my feet look ugly and puffy. Its better to check with your gynae to see if everything is normal.

my last check up was last week... the next day after check up then only i c water retention on my leg... today it look slightly more obvious but only 1 leg got water retention.. the other 1 still looks normal...
Hi misstheblue mama,

If u have only retention in one leg I suggest u inform ur doc abt it. I heard it could be signs of pre-eclampsia.

Swollen Legs and Swelling in Pregnancy - Baby And Pregnancy (UK)

Drink more water in the meantime and try not to stand or sit for too long..

diymummy

I had swelling as early as you and I was diagnosed with pre-eclampsia. My baby was delivered via emergency c-sect at 36 weeks.

Other signs of pre-eclampsia is high blood pressure. If you're feeling dizzy, it could be that your blood pressure is spiralling out of control.

Do seek your gynae. He would be able to advise you more aptly.

I had swelling as early as you and I was diagnosed with pre-eclampsia. My baby was delivered via emergency c-sect at 36 weeks.

Other signs of pre-eclampsia is high blood pressure. If you're feeling dizzy, it could be that your blood pressure is spiralling out of control.

Do seek your gynae. He would be able to advise you more aptly.
during my last 2 weeks check up, my blood pressure is ok.. not feeling dizzy also... any other symtopms of pre-eclampsia?
will google it later... thanks!

diymummy

Think blood pressure is the sign that gynaes look out for. I went on blood pressure pills before I delivered but it didn't reduce my BP. It was still rising. Thus went for emergency c-sect.

star_star

my feet also having veri bad water retnetion now... super swollen but the rest of my body not swollen... cant wait for my next visit to the gynae... tey say drink more water wen having water retention,isit tru?

apollo

drink MORE water to prevent water retention.

some ppl has the wrong mindset tt drink more water will cause water retention but it is wrong.

simcentre

Hi,

Ya, must drink more water.....
U may want to try massage also...
Last time I was having bad water retention as early as 29-30weeks...
After birth, ppl said massage is good for mum... so i tried... to my surprise.. 1 session of massage 1.5hr... my water retention all gone (the next day)... Let me know if you want the contact
Pre and post delivery also can massage