Week of delivery

niceguylow

I hear a lot of people say that typically the delivery will be earlier than the EDD of 40 weeks. Can anybody help to share your weeks that u give birth to your first baby ?

Vailey

My gynae told me that baby boys will usually arrive earlier and girls later. Now sure how true for the girl part. Waiting to find out :)

Justina

Delivered my son at 36weeks and 6 days. So recorded as 37 weeks. Water level low so induced. Born healthy and no complications. Whereas, my girl was born at 38 weeks. Everything was fine.

icyelightning

I delivered exactly on EDD for my boy. Still waiting to see for my 2nd child. I think it depends on individual. If your first is early naturally, subsequent should also be around the same. I noticed a few friends like that.

Rye

My first is 39 weeks 5 days but dilation took hours after the initial 3cm.. Water bag had to be broken.

Xiaobaobei

I remember my mum told me I am late by a week. Should be 41 weeks I guess?
Mine now is 38 weeks. Should be a boy as during scan the doctor couldnt really tell if it is a boy or a girl. :/

Notice that Vailey mention girls arrive later makes me start to wonder.

niceguylow

My wife is at 37 weeks + 1 day . Just had a check up and the doctor is saying the opening it's only 0.5 cm. This worries me a lot now. The weight is 2.68kg . I'm worry now may end up going cesarean

MommyLiz

I delivered mine at exactly 36 weeks. A boy. It was induced labour. I was experiencing contractions but not dilating. As it was my 1stt pregnancy, gynae advised to go labour once 36 weeks. He was a premature baby. But alls is well except he has high jaundice level n has to stay in hospital for 3 days.

if caesarean is the safest for ur wife n child..... Guess that's something you have to accept. I am also worried that I might need one too for my 2nd as I find myself quite weak now. Good luck.

Novels

I delivered my gal 2 days before EDD, as for my boy, at 38 wks+ cos need to induce due to low amnio fluid.

missyqiqi

I delivered my girl at 40weeks plus few 1-2 days.
Currently pregnant with 2nd one, a lot of people including my gyane said that it will be earlier, so will update here again in July. :p

Xelle

I delivered my first (girl) at 37 weeks +. Water bag broke so had to go for induced labour. Natural Birth but with epidural