Weight gain for 3rd trimester?

hueychye79

Hi hueychye79 and other mtbs,

May I know how does your gynae check the weight of your baby? My visit to the gynae only do scan and tell me how is my baby and let me listen to my baby's heartbeat, but never tell me my baby's wt...Is it that i must ask my gyane then he will tell?

Hope to hear from you mummies soon! :Dancing_wub: Thanks a million!
Gynae start to tell me the weight of the baby after weeks 20.

You are just about 16 weeks, so gynae will just let you listen the baby's heartbeat and tell you the growing of the baby.

Don't worry... When you finish the 20 weeks scanning, your gynae will auto tell you when you go to check up every time.... :tlaugh:

pigletif

Hi hueychye79 and other mtbs,

May I know how does your gynae check the weight of your baby? My visit to the gynae only do scan and tell me how is my baby and let me listen to my baby's heartbeat, but never tell me my baby's wt...Is it that i must ask my gyane then he will tell?

Hope to hear from you mummies soon! :Dancing_wub: Thanks a million!
my gynae don tell me the weight of the bb. But he will let me know that the size is ok.
cos he will check the length of the bb thigh bone to confirm the edd is correct and bb at the right size.

but u can request ur gynae to tell u the weight of the bb. no problem.

ocee

kams... we have the saaaame story ;-)
they always tell me 'ur still here?'
oh well.. at least we're doing ok ryt?

vivikool

just came back from gynae check-up. currently i'm 27 weeks and 3 days, my weight gain so far is about 10kg and my bb's weight is 1.2kg..gynae says that my bb is on bigger side... so i guess its good right?

Just hoping that she wont get too big by the time she is ready to see the world.. LOL

-jOanna

i lost 3kg+ during the 1st trimester
at 20th week, gained back 4kg after minus off the 3kg..
now 33weeks, total gained 14kg..
baby is 2.1kg+ ^^

bellerichez

During my 20 weeks detailed scan, I asked the sonographer how heavy my baby was and got "scolded" by her -_-

Huh? First time i heard that sonographer will scold. But nothing wrong with asking mah. Since she's doing the scan and got check the baby's weight why can't she tell you? Or that day she PMS?

Triquetra

Huh? First time i heard that sonographer will scold. But nothing wrong with asking mah. Since she's doing the scan and got check the baby's weight why can't she tell you? Or that day she PMS?
Yah I think she PMS or she was taking over someone cause another sonographer came in half way through the scan, stood beside her and thanked her for her help.

Her face was really black though, only cheered up when dd waved to us right before the scan ended -.-"

Stan

My gynae ask me not to drink too much milk, cos my baby is over-weight. He say can drink but limit yourself to one cup of milk per day if not wait baby too big then got a hard time delivering. I was drinking those pregnancy milk, Frisomum, but now i stop already. Wow you put on only 9kg. From which trimester your weight start to gain?
Maybe it is not dont drink too much milk but which type of milk?
I went for the ante-natal classes and during the nutrients talk... the doc said no need to drink the 'pregnancy milk" unless you have very bad MS or under weight.. normal fresh milk or even low fat high calcium fresh milk will do....
My girlfren also 'tipped' me to drink only fresh milk.. Her experience was she drank Frisomum and put on a lot of weight also!!

bellerichez

Yah I think she PMS or she was taking over someone cause another sonographer came in half way through the scan, stood beside her and thanked her for her help.

Her face was really black though, only cheered up when dear daughter waved to us right before the scan ended -.-"
Take over people then can scold the patient? What kind of nonsense? If she's not happy to help then just tell her friend that she don't want to help. If i kena scold i also won't feel happy one lor.

My sonographer was nice, she chat with me throughout the scan.

bellerichez

Maybe it is not dont drink too much milk but which type of milk?
I went for the ante-natal classes and during the nutrients talk... the doc said no need to drink the 'pregnancy milk" unless you have very bad MS or under weight.. normal fresh milk or even low fat high calcium fresh milk will do....
My girlfren also 'tipped' me to drink only fresh milk.. Her experience was she drank Frisomum and put on a lot of weight also!!

Ya i drank those pregnancy milk but didn't gain alot. only 2 kg from 1st month till now. But all the weight goes to baby. I drink the whole tin of Frisomum too. I think it depends on individual.

-jOanna

During my 20 weeks detailed scan, I asked the sonographer how heavy my baby was and got "scolded" by her -_-
Take down her name, complain to the company :D Isn't the way to treat a customer, somemore a pregnant woman -.-

My Sonographer was nice, my baby was in a U-Shape, hard to get baby to open up, so i turn here turn there lol... When she smiled while looking at the baby, I felt happy too :Dancing_wub:

Triquetra

Hubby and I were too taken aback to know that bb is a girl that time to take note of her name etc.

I have gained 1.1kg within a week -_-"'

Stan

Ya i drank those pregnancy milk but didn't gain alot. only 2 kg from 1st month till now. But all the weight goes to baby. I drink the whole tin of Frisomum too. I think it depends on individual.
2kg??!!... you said your baby is heavy right? hmm... that means you are also losing weight leh!!!
i gained ard 7-8kg so far and i tot very little liao!!! but baby is 1.2kg....:tlaugh:

bellerichez

2kg??!!... you said your baby is heavy right? hmm... that means you are also losing weight !!!
i gained around 7-8kg so far and i thought very little !!! but baby is 1.2kg....:tlaugh:

Dunno leh. 1st 4 month my weight drop. 5th month onwards gain abit. But all the weight goes to baby. My gynae is the one who told me that my baby is over-weight. Tomorrow is my next dr appointment so will update again about my weight gain and baby's weight.

Triquetra

dont know . 1st 4 month my weight drop. 5th month onwards gain abit. But all the weight goes to baby. My gynae is the one who told me that my baby is over-weight. Tomorrow is my next dr appointment so will update again about my weight gain and baby's weight.
*Envious*
I have already gained 8kgs during my first 3 months =.=''

Triquetra

Probably due to genes and individual bah. This is what people tell me. My sonographer tell me size doesn't matter, as long as baby is growing well can already.
But after giving birth I shall have a tough time losing those kgs >.<"
3 more days to next gynae appointment, wondering if bb has put on any weight these few days.