Weight gain for 3rd trimester?

summertime

dont listen to your hubby,tats fats gained during pregnancy.. To hold up such big n heavy tummy,our lower body need to gain some weight,muscles n fats too.. N as tummy compresses down,pelvic bone n cervix prepares for the baby,more fats cells n tissues will be forced to move down into your butt n thigh area..dont 4get that water retention n tensed blood vessels too.. Tell your hubby your figure now is all bcuz of giving birth to his baby,tell him cannot complain now..haha.. After given birth can slim down back,but still need time,usually 6mths-1yr will be about there,depend how hardworking you r..all that fats n weight took 10mths to build up on you during pregnancy,won't expect it to go off within 1-2mths time without building back your healthy body 1st..
haha i agree.. i will let him see this post for sure!

whomovedmycheese

dont listen to your hubby,tats fats gained during pregnancy.. To hold up such big n heavy tummy,our lower body need to gain some weight,muscles n fats too.. N as tummy compresses down,pelvic bone n cervix prepares for the baby,more fats cells n tissues will be forced to move down into your butt n thigh area..dont 4get that water retention n tensed blood vessels too.. Tell your hubby your figure now is all bcuz of giving birth to his baby,tell him cannot complain now..haha.. After given birth can slim down back,but still need time,usually 6mths-1yr will be about there,depend how hardworking you r..all that fats n weight took 10mths to build up on you during pregnancy,won't expect it to go off within 1-2mths time without building back your healthy body 1st..
Agree with you. I think the weight we put on is to support the pregnancy. Previously I was 47kg at 1.62m and I have put on like 13kg as of 33 weeks. I always console myself that I put on so much weight coz my body would never have been able to support the extra 10kg from the baby, increased blood etc etc. But now think about it, it's quite true. I think I barely had enough for myself before pregnancy, so if I don't gain anymore weight, both me and my baby would be so malnutrition right? :001_302:

pixie

I dont mean to be offensive but I do totally agreed with the mummies. Husband should be supportive as we are growing through the pregnancy to bear 'us' a healthy and lovely baby. Men never have to go through the frustrations and discomfort that a pregnant woman has to undergo, and by saying to the wife that she put on the excessive weright not due to pregnancy is tad bit insensitive that a partner should say!

In my last visit to gynae at 29 weeks, I have put on 10kg. It's a shock of my life as it put me at 60-ish kg now. I am likely to cross the 70kg mark when baby is due for delivery. I know for sure some weights go to the baby, some goes to the water bag and others are on me and mostly likely to reduce some weights when we start to breastfeed and even though we dont't, taking care of baby during confinement can be tiring and stressful and you might shed those extra weight.

dont't fret and please do not worry, you are doing fine. Take good care of yourself and the baby and god will take care of the rest :)

whomovedmycheese

I dont mean to be offensive but I do totally agreed with the mummies. Husband should be supportive as we are growing through the pregnancy to bear 'us' a healthy and lovely baby. Men never have to go through the frustrations and discomfort that a pregnant woman has to undergo, and by saying to the wife that she put on the excessive weright not due to pregnancy is tad bit insensitive that a partner should say!

In my last visit to gynae at 29 weeks, I have put on 10kg. It's a shock of my life as it put me at 60-ish kg now. I am likely to cross the 70kg mark when baby is due for delivery. I know for sure some weights go to the baby, some goes to the water bag and others are on me and mostly likely to reduce some weights when we start to breastfeed and even though we dont't, taking care of baby during confinement can be tiring and stressful and you might shed those extra weight.

dont't fret and please do not worry, you are doing fine. Take good care of yourself and the baby and god will take care of the rest :)
I know of people who put on 18-20+ kg and currently they are only left with 1-2kg.. But really, like you said, now we should really take good care of ourselves and our babies, and ensure we are all healthy with healthy babies etc. That's the most important thing for us now. Weight wise, we can think about it next time after our babies have settled down. :)

BeingSingle

me abt 33 weeks now and already put on more than 15kgs. was 43-44kgs pre-preggers, now am 61kgs...heee...think i'll be somewhere in the range of 65kgs when my daughter is ready to come out..

i have many friends who put on more than 20kgs...now they are as slim as they used to be pre-preggers...all of us are 35yrs and above, mind you..you are so young..so i am sure you can lose it all...lets continue to encourage each other after we pop :Dancing_wub:

furbee

me abt 33 weeks now and already put on more than 15kgs. was 43-44kgs pre-preggers, now am 61kgs...heee...think i'll be somewhere in the range of 65kgs when my daughter is ready to come out..

i have many friends who put on more than 20kgs...now they are as slim as they used to be pre-preggers...all of us are 35yrs and above, mind you..you are so young..so i am sure you can lose it all...lets continue to encourage each other after we pop :Dancing_wub:
i also gain more den 15kg ... Totally agree with determination, we can be back on track before preg ^^ Jiayou!

XenXuan

i gained total of 24kg during my 1st pregnancy,was at 84kg when give birth..i was at 60kg-62kg b4 preg.. was left with 10kg+/- after confinement.. wear back my old jeans b4 my son turned 9mths old,cuz im lazy n dun work out de..

I'm v sure we can slim back no matter how much we gained,its not only for e looks n shape,its our self-confidence we need to slim back into.. i almost din dare to look in mirror after given birth cuz of all that weight gained.. n unable to wear the clothes i wanted to wear makes me feel so down back then..

I'm so determined this time to slim back even more than b4 my 1st pregnancy.. since im gonna close factory after this baby girl,can slim all e way till i happy haha.. 5x kg here i come~~

babybull

Agree with you. I think the weight we put on is to support the pregnancy. Previously I was 47kg at 1.62m and I have put on like 13kg as of 33 weeks. I always console myself that I put on so much weight coz my body would never have been able to support the extra 10kg from the baby, increased blood etc etc. But now think about it, it's quite true. I think I barely had enough for myself before pregnancy, so if I dont't gain anymore weight, both me and my baby would be so malnutrition right? :001_302:
I was like you for first pregnancy - my pre-pregnancy weight was around 43-44kg at 1.65m, already very underweight. In the end I put on 16kg overall, and even at 40 weeks still dont't look pregnant from the back, plus my tummy remained quite small, baby also considered on the small side (2.7kg) for a full-40week newborn. =(

Now 2nd pregnancy, managed to gain only 4kg so far at 26 weeks. Will prob put on more soon as the nausea has subsided, finally!

BeingSingle

Hi all

i popped on 18th May via emergency C-section, had put on approx 20kgs from 44kgs to 64.5kgs..my dear daughter came out weighing 3.2kgs at 38weeks..

today is 2 weeks after and i have lost 15kgs (think 8-9kgs was dear daughter and water bag etc)..i am exclusively breast feeding so i think that helps too..am hoping to lose the remaining 5 kgs in the next 2-3 weeks..

its possible to lose the weight...jia you everyone!

Attachments

Hi all

i popped on 18th May via emergency C-section, had put on approx 20kgs from 44kgs to 64.5kgs..my dear daughter came out weighing 3.2kgs at 38weeks..

today is 2 weeks after and i have lost 15kgs (think 8-9kgs was dear daughter and water bag etc)..i am exclusively breast feeding so i think that helps too..am hoping to lose the remaining 5 kgs in the next 2-3 weeks..

Congrats!!!=) your bb eyes is so beautiful=D

I have gain ard 20 for my first pregnancy 48kg to 67.8kg

manage to lose 18kg, to almost 50kg when my girl almost 4 months old, then got pregnancy again. now at my 25 weeks 58 already. gain 8 kg from this pregnancy and 2 left over from the 1st pregnancy.

XenXuan

Hi all

Grats~~ u have a beautiful baby girl there~~ I'm v near to my EDD already.. i've gained like 20kg so far already.. almost same to my 1st pregnancy weight gained.. breastfeeding exclusively will lose weight faster,but do rem ur nutrition intake is v important as well.. have a good confinement,rest well n enjoy life with ur new family addition~ ^^

BeingSingle

Congrats!!!=) your bb eyes is so beautiful=D

I have gain ard 20 for my first pregnancy 48kg to 67.8kg

manage to lose 18kg, to almost 50kg when my girl almost 4 months old, then got pregnancy again. now at my 25 weeks 58 already. gain 8 kg from this pregnancy and 2 left over from the 1st pregnancy.
ooh..its only 10kgs..thats easy to lose! baby and water bag will be almost 10 already wor! jia you!

BeingSingle

Grats~~ u have a beautiful baby girl there~~ I'm v near to my EDD already.. i've gained like 20kg so far already.. almost same to my 1st pregnancy weight gained.. breastfeeding exclusively will lose weight faster,but do rem ur nutrition intake is v important as well.. have a good confinement,rest well n enjoy life with ur new family addition~ ^^
TQTQ! i am still taking my vitamins and blackmore's pregnancy and breastfeeding gold..also...confinement food is quite yummy..heheheh but i dun dare to take rice coz worried about the carbo intake.. think last 5 kgs will be a little more difficult to lose..aja aja..fighting!

XenXuan

TQTQ! i am still taking my vitamins and blackmore's pregnancy and breastfeeding gold..also...confinement food is quite yummy..heheheh but i dun dare to take rice coz worried about the carbo intake.. think last 5 kgs will be a little more difficult to lose..aja aja..fighting!
u will need to eat rice,for the breastfeeding n ur own health.. maybe not as much but need to intake some as there r nutrition in rice too.. dun stop on the vitamins n supplements.. i stopped my supplements after my confinement,my milk supply creased when my son turned 2mths old only.. zzz ya last 5kg is the hardest to shake off,i was struggling on last 2-3kg when i got pregnant with my 2nd again LOL.. wasnt the sporty type,so juz let tat last 2-3kg come n go on its own..

Angelicvamp

Im only at 28 weeks now and i've grown 17kg since. from 47 pre-preggy till now 64.. i think i nd to control.. damn scary.. I've read the healthy weight gain for us is 15kg thereabouts.. but gynae said nothing on my last visit.. hmmm.:err:

raranana

during my first check up when i found out i was 5 weeks pregnant, my weight was 74.2kg. now i'm at my 37th week, and my weight is 80.6kg. i've only gained about 6kg! is this a cause of concern? especially since doctor says my baby is big, (2.7kg at 34 weeks). hmmm...baby big, but my weight gain is not so much. very curious.

XenXuan

during my first check up when i found out i was 5 weeks pregnant, my weight was 74.2kg. now i'm at my 37th week, and my weight is 80.6kg. i've only gained about 6kg! is this a cause of concern? especially since doctor says my baby is big, (2.7kg at 34 weeks). hmmm...baby big, but my weight gain is not so much. very curious.
hi raranana, if doctor said baby's growing well,everythings fine for both u n baby,dont have any problem or point of concern,then should be alright.. u should be happy u dun have to lose so much weight after giving birth haha.. u can ask ur doctor regarding ur weight issue to confirm.. ^^