Weird Insects biting my 1 year old baby

paradize

Hi,

My baby has reached 1 years old already.

An insect has been biting him quite badly everytime. It swells to be quite red and lumpy. I believe it is very itchy and he scraches it alot and then a liquid comes from the lump. After some time the lump goes away after a week and his skin has a mark.
We thought it was ok at first and applied calamine lotion. Old bites have been remedied and looks ok.

The worst part is the insect is biting him everytime once a lump goes away.I believe the mozzies are the cause of this but some other insects.

Any body encountered such a problem before with this weird insects and have some remedies in mind.

Please guide. Thanks. :Dancing_tongue:

LadyMsteo

could you please try to kill the insect?

1. wash all the things, expecially textiles
2. expose them under sunshine, or use killing gens detergent

paradize

The insect looks small and is flying.
We have removed the rubbish bin from our bedroom and today we are planning to spray baygon. Is there like a safe smell or perfume baygon which is safe for kids breathing?

We suspect the insect resides in the bedroom dustbin or the bedroom toilet.
I do not know if the insect is attracted to food.

Eliza

Try using Febreze. Can be found in supermarket. Known for killing bacteria and things that cannot be washed but safe for kids. Also, bring to to PD for prescription of fusicort. It's an anti-bacterial but with a tinge of steriod inside to help you baby's swell to go down. From the way u mentioned it, baby might have bacteria/ germs in the wound now.

paradize

Thanks alot Eliza for the reply.
I will get those items tomorrow.

LadyMsteo - Guess I will try Febreze 1st before I try baygon.
Thanks alot.

MommypatchSg

you can try product from mommy patch! the mommy patch anti-mosquito rescue stick is the handiest way to prevent mosquitoes from snacking on you! It is infused with safe & effective insect repelling Citronella oil. The scent repels the pesky bugs before they land and unlike sprays and lotions, it is not messy to apply. Just remove the cap and dab on to areas exposed to those little suckers.
The mommy patch anti-mosquito rescue stick is so handy you could even fit it in your pocket with no trouble. It is effective up to 3 hours so re-applying is necessary but then again it is a hands free application so there will be no messy sticky icky lotion on your hands to contend with. This is especially important when you are on the go. Our formula is all natural and mild enough for toddlers*

or anti-mosquito rescue patch : Our self adhesive (with 3M brand no less!) will stick onto fabric, plastic, wood, ceramics, cement, etc. It is infused with safe and effective Citronella oil. The scent repels bugs before they land and unlike sprays & lotions, there is nothing messy to apply.

The mommy patch anti-mosquito rescue patches can be safely attached to clothing, baby strollers, chairs, tents, picnic tables and anywhere else you don't want mosquitoes.*

It is effective up to 12 hours so no need to re-apply. The emitted Citronella aroma will eliminate the annoyance of itchy bites and illnesses caused by these unfriendly pests!

or Ever experienced going inside your car one glorious morning.... ready to go about your day only to find out that the pesky mozzies managed to get in?!

Worry no more. Again, we are here to rescue you!

Directions:
Simply open the jar and leave it open inside your car overnight.*
Put the lid back on the following morning and enjoy your drive without the annoying little creatures buzzing around you or worst snacking on you!

You may also use this in your room. Just put it somewhere where the mosquitoes like to hang out... under your bed for example or the dark corners of your room. Again, just open the lid of the jar before leaving the room....*
That easy! and yes, that simple!

This little wonder will last you up to 6 months. Simply put the lid back on when not in use.*

you can photos at facebook.com/mommypatchsg or mummypatchsg.multiply.com

pixie

Can you take a picture and upload it? Then the mummies here will be able to give you more accurate advices.

PTB7476

Hi,

My baby has reached 1 years old already.

An insect has been biting him quite badly everytime. It swells to be quite red and lumpy. I believe it is very itchy and he scraches it alot and then a liquid comes from the lump. After some time the lump goes away after a week and his skin has a mark.
We thought it was ok at first and applied calamine lotion. Old bites have been remedied and looks ok.

The worst part is the insect is biting him everytime once a lump goes away.I believe the mozzies are the cause of this but some other insects.

Any body encountered such a problem before with this weird insects and have some remedies in mind.

Please guide. Thanks. :Dancing_tongue:
it's most probably mosquito bite and that your boy has sensitive skin .
my boy 13months old today also had the same problem. whenever mosquito bite him he will develop into one big red lump and then day 2 will have a small blister there and as usual it is itchy and he will scratch it and then it will leave a dark mark ..haiz... i tried all kind of medication also cant help so i have checked with PD and she give me a tube of cream with antibodies to use whenever there is mosquito bite and told me that's is because of his sensitive skin and it react to the "poison" of the mosquito bite and 2 days ago he got another bite and i used it and it seem to help so the best way is preventation ... i use those electronic insect spray which i will on every 1 or 2 wks and change bedsheet often and vaccum the mattress just in case

Last edited: