Went Shichida class but toddler doesn't like it

bladers

My child 1.5 yrs old attended first lesson but didn't like the class...attention span was short and always pointed out at the door..

My concern is how we are going to thru 11 more lessons..?

Can any mummies, possibly those who went thru the classes before...advise...could my child change to like it better?

I have invest a lot of money and really do not wanna go wasted.

jojoki

doesnt the teacher makes any effort to try coax the child back or attempt to re-engage the child?

camom

Is he not used to going for classes?

I don't think the teacher has the time to coax him, I heard the lessons are usually very fast paced.

bladers

jojoki: Unfortunately, No.. attempt from teacher they even mentioned if child cry etc have to bring child out although mine didnt cry..mine made some noise to go out of the room, so I left the room, was afraid I wld distract ohers...sigh.

Daddy D

Alpha Male
The teachers there r mainly "facilitators"... parents r the ones getting their kids to do the work... so it's a "If-u-can-follow-the-pace-good-for-u" thingy...

That's y the sch will tell u it will take abt 2 yrs plus to see "results" in your kids... 1st year is mainly "inputs" to the kid... only 2nd yr onwards then the kid is expected to give some "output"...

So u have to stick it thru bahhh... n "burn" a BIG hole in your pocket at the same time.

From personal experience... my dd is 4 yrs old now... she started at 2yrs plus. :)

PinkDiamonds

Your son keep pointing to the door I guess he's not used to having you not around? Maybe he's not comfortable with the strangers in the room yet. Give him some time and yes, I do believe you need to put in effort too.

bladers

daddy: Ya...the speed is absolutely fast each activity is only like 30 secs at most or 1 min...Try try and see how it goes on 2nd lesson...

bladers

Pink diamonds: I think more like not used to classroom environment, if its a pool, toys or some playground surely react differently..

Daddy D

Alpha Male
daddy: Ya...the speed is absolutely fast each activity is only like 30 secs at most or 1 min...Try try and see how it goes on 2nd lesson...
Cool... n the sch always emphasis on the home practice thingy... u will learn more when u attend their parents training session.

I have frens who dropped out cos' they dun see results... or they can't find time to do home practice.

The sch will like hint hint "Dun-say-we-never-give-u-results-if-u-never-do home-practice-in-the-1st-place" thingy :p

Me n wifey take turns... so not so tiring... if not also BTH... :)

bladers

daddy :smart way of them hinting us results not guaranteed..LOL

You're lucky to rotate with hubby..i would need to go thru all 11 remaining lessons myself ...sigh.

By the way, there is one lesson that we have to pay like $290 for 2 pax..

then i saw another form is another lesson like they teach you how to use the methods at home..?

How come there are 2 lessons for parents? This other lesson FOC?

Daddy D

Alpha Male
daddy :smart way of them hinting us results not guaranteed..LOL

You're lucky to rotate with hubby..i would need to go thru all 11 remaining lessons myself ...sigh.

By the way, there is one lesson that we have to pay like $290 for 2 pax..

then i saw another form is another lesson like they teach you how to use the methods at home..?

How come there are 2 lessons for parents? This other lesson free of charge?
The one that u pay is like a seminar/talk... I didn't go for that... wifey went... more like "brainwash" session bahh... tell u all abt shichida method... like those motivational talk... (Perhaps I never attend this... so not "brainwashed" by them :) )
The other 1... foc... teach you how to do your home practice... then ask u buy all the home materials... spend more $$ :p

jojoki

I'm actually getting some ex shichida educators to teach at home.. not too bad 2 of us = $25 per session of one hour. Saves me $ on trip down.. starting lessons in 2 weeks time.. give it a try lor

Daddy D

Alpha Male
I'm actually getting some ex shichida educators to teach at home.. not too bad 2 of us = $25 per session of one hour. Saves me $ on trip down.. starting lessons in 2 weeks time.. give it a try
:err::err::err::err::err:
like that also can???
would they get sued for copyright issues???

cmeilim

I'm actually getting some ex shichida educators to teach at home.. not too bad 2 of us = $25 per session of one hour. Saves me $ on trip down.. starting lessons in 2 weeks time.. give it a try

hey jojoki,

i am keen to find out more. what will they teach in one hour? one teacher to two babies? any age limit? and is it $25 per baby or for two babies? pay extra for materials? how many sessions per week? won't mind letting my boy try out a couple of lessons to see if he takes to them. i am curious abt the shichida method and if it really works.

cmeilim

Cool... n the sch always emphasis on the home practice thingy... you will learn more when you attend their parents training session.

I have friends who dropped out cos' they dont see results... or they can't find time to do home practice.

The sch will like hint hint "dont-say-we-never-give-you-results-if-you-never-do home-practice-in-the-1st-place" thingy :p

Me n wifey take turns... so not so tiring... if not also BTH... :)

one of my gfs employed a domestic helper with university degree and can speak english well to do the home practices with her daughter. i think her daughter was attending classes since 4 or 5 months old. when she turned two, she could speak in full sentences and read voraciously. quite amazing results when the home commitment is there...but i suspect the shichida method is not for every kid as every child, as adult, has different learning styles.

Oppsgal

one of my gfs employed a domestic helper with university degree and can speak english well to do the home practices with her daughter. i think her daughter was attending classes since 4 or 5 months old. when she turned two, she could speak in full sentences and read voraciously. quite amazing results when the home commitment is there...but i suspect the shichida method is not for every kid as every child, as adult, has different learning styles.
Wow, "talent babies"! Can speak full sentences when two!

Daddy D

Alpha Male
Cool... the sch also focuses on parent-child bond thingy.... so guess your gf's kid is bonding with the domestic helper instead. :)

bladers

daddy: Hiayh..those motivational type ones..i signed up for 2 pax wor...sigh...

So the parent-teaching seminar is FOC? Do you think is helpful to go? cos i definitely wont be buying materials from them as I have my own..

cmeilim

Cool... the sch also focuses on parent-child bond thingy.... so guess your gf's kid is bonding with the domestic helper instead. :)
i think the sad fact is in many families where both parents are working and the helper takes care of the children, the children may tend to bond with the helper better. i see that even in some of my friends' babies where when the parents carry them, they will cry. but when the helper carries them, the babies stop crying. sigh...

Daddy D

Alpha Male
i think the sad fact is in many families where both parents are working and the helper takes care of the children, the children may tend to bond with the helper better. i see that even in some of my friends' babies where when the parents carry them, they will cry. but when the helper carries them, the babies stop crying. sigh...
Yaaa... sad fact...

daddy: Hiayh..those motivational type ones..i signed up for 2 pax ...sigh...

So the parent-teaching seminar is free of charge? Do you think is helpful to go? cos i definitely wont be buying materials from them as I have my own..
it's pretty helpful... else u'll be kinda lost on how to do the home practice thingy... confirm u'll end up buying more materials later :p