What beverages do you order?

serendipity

Hmm, serendipity why is it that papaya juice and barley cant take ley? can explain? I am very curious..pineapply juice cant take coz acidic right?

Waiting for your reply soon :)
tIA! :)
My 1st trimester wasn't stable to start with cause I was pushing myself rather hard to maintain my lifestyle. I didn't take the sinseh's words seriously and drank barley. End up, I spotted after drinking barley. Happened 2 times some more! Had to get progesterone jabs. Learnt the lesson the hard way.

As for papaya, it seems to contain the same enzymes as pineapple. Actually the enzymes in kiwi is also somewhat similar. But I guess a small slice of papaya or half a kiwi won't do any harm once the pregnancy is stable. Moderation, but I kiasi liao, I rather avoid.

cocraze

I was much more 'obedient' in my first trimester, this being my first child. Kept off all caffeine(i.e. cut out my daily 1-2 cups of coffee, any tea, Coke) and drunk mostly room temperature plain water, Milo, Ribena and fruit juices like apple, orange, papaya milk, banana milk. Also it was slightly easier as I was still working then, so I was lucky to snatch time to drink even plain water! Then, I carried a small tumbler of plain water everywhere I went.

In second trimester, I stopped work and got pretty bored cooped up at home, so I tend to go out walk walk, go library, or just sit at home surf net most of the day. I take about 2-3 cups of barley or chrysanthemum tea (home-brewed) whenever I go back to my mum's.

With the upgrading works at my block, I got quite irritated with the weather, and got complacent with my diet too, so I've been having almost 1 cold drink daily whenever I am outside. I've also started drinking hot milk tea about once a week, as well as ice green tea(canned)/lemon tea/ Coke/ Pepsi/ RootBeer with meals, depending on what's available. I even had ice-blended drinks of Milo/yoghurt/fruit quite a few times! :win:

When I decide to be good and obey elders' advice, I take cold milo or ribena. Ribena sold in pre-packed packs outside are too sweet, so I end up diluting it with ice anyway. Haha! Weather too hot and I'm a person who can't stand being hot and sticky. :cool:

For fruit, I initially ate/drunk a lot of papayas in first trimester, it being one of the most neutral fruits to take, but I've heard/read that consuming too much is no good for baby too, cos of the high beta-carotene levels, which may aggravate conditions for jaundice.

Only drinks I haven't touched since preggy are coffee(instant, cafe or kopitiam), alcohol and pineapple. So far, I think baby girl's fine. But as many people say, you wont know the effects until baby is born or baby grows up or YOU grow old.... But I think Im too much of a glutton to think too much about it, for now. hope baby will be fine...:sayangbaby: