What can i add in her porridge other den...

jojoki

eh 6 mths only ah? haha i tot shes 8 months must have got mixed up.. but i started givin egg yolks at 7 mths.. n mushroom n tomatoes...

igal_76

Hi!
My son is 10 mths old but I started feeding him brown rice at around 7 mths. What I do is cook the porridge on medium to high heat for faster cooking then put everyting in a slow cooker. There is no need to blend at all as it will be very soft.

You may wish to mix brown and white rice if you are afraid your babe doesn't like it. Or you may wish to take a chance like me and try with brown rice only. He responded well :)
So far I've put
-Spinach
-Broccolli

-Pumpkin
-threadfin
-carrot
-asparagus
-corn
-cauliflower
-xiao bai chye
-green peas
-cod fish
-chicken (thigh is better as it contains more iron tha breasts)
-pork (recently I tried muscle upon recommendation by a fren)

I would recommend books by Annabel Karmel as she states very clearly in her books the age you can start introducing the different food, whether they can be frozen or not and the different nutrients the foods contain. I use the info for the porridge. I bought 3 of her books.

Have fun!

izanyzam

$39 is cheap for so many functions!! When you bought it?? If afew months then i doubt still gt .. but im so interested !! mayb will go check it out.. :001_302:

Thanks babe..
Babe..It is cheap but do bear in mind it doesnt come with the whisk as shown on the website..Only comes with the hand-held blender itself plus a container/beaker for you to put your food in to blend..I didnt use the container at all as i blend it straight away in the saucepan..And yes it does help me a lot in preparing my baby's food..I bought it last month @ Best D*nki @ Tampines Century Square..Hope you can still get it at that price..I saw another quite well-known brand..Cant remember what it was..It was cheaper..$29 only..Same function..!!! :001_302:

Feliz

eh 6 mths only ? haha i thought shes 8 months must have got mixed up.. but i started givin egg yolks at 7 mths.. n mushroom n tomatoes...
Alamak babe.. edlycia haven 8mth la.. but today she 7mth alr.. :001_302:

Hi!
My son is 10 mths old but I started feeding him brown rice at around 7 mths. What I do is cook the porridge on medium to high heat for faster cooking then put everyting in a slow cooker. There is no need to blend at all as it will be very soft.

You may wish to mix brown and white rice if you are afraid your babe doesn't like it. Or you may wish to take a chance like me and try with brown rice only. He responded well :)
So far I've put
-Spinach
-Broccolli
-Pumpkin
-threadfin
-carrot
-asparagus
-corn
-cauliflower
-xiao bai chye
-green peas
-cod fish
-chicken (thigh is better as it contains more iron tha breasts)
-pork (recently I tried muscle upon recommendation by a friend)

I would recommend books by Annabel Karmel as she states very clearly in her books the age you can start introducing the different food, whether they can be frozen or not and the different nutrients the foods contain. I use the info for the porridge. I bought 3 of her books.

Have fun!
Thanks igal_76! I tried givin her brown rice for 3days but 3rd day i gve up..! cos its so hard to cook and i burnt my porridge twice.. :Dancing_hmm:so fed up leh.. im not using slow cooker cos i wan it to be cooked fast! :tlaugh:

Btw babe, for e threadfish/chic how much u put inside for ur baby 1 serving?

Babe..It is cheap but do bear in mind it doesnt come with the whisk as shown on the website..Only comes with the hand-held blender itself plus a container/beaker for you to put your food in to blend..I didnt use the container at all as i blend it straight away in the saucepan..And yes it does help me a lot in preparing my baby's food..I bought it last month @ Best D*nki @ Tampines Century Square..Hope you can still get it at that price..I saw another quite well-known brand..Cant remember what it was..It was cheaper..$29 only..Same function..!!! :001_302:

Babe, jus now i went to best denki alr.. e promo no more.. n i saw cheapest is $49 iirc.. But i don think i get that cos i saw my blender model has aother additional Miller which i can get it at their main showroom..

But come to think of it.. i think hand-held nye more better cos bile i blend my girl nye food, it became very lil cos all got "stuck" inside.. so kinda wasted.. $29 is cheap leh.. hmmm.. tmr go courts n see! :tlaugh:

hpc

Hi mummies,other than the things ur all cook for babies,can also cook brown rice porridge.Soak rice for 2hrs,rinise cook with pork broth/chickenbroth in slow cooker till soft.Add some ikan blis powder,spinach

Feliz

Hi mummies,other than the things your all cook for babies,can also cook brown rice porridge.Soak rice for 2hrs,rinise cook with pork broth/chickenbroth in slow cooker till soft.Add some ikan blis powder,spinach

Hi hpc, e brown rice(organic) I bought stated no soakin required leh.. Den if don soak, it tAkes a long Time to cook using normal pot.. How long ur slow cooker take??

rjj

apples,fish head,potato,carrot,banana,pumpkin,tuna,stingray,sotong,vitamin c,gummy bears,jelly beans,water melon,mango,pear,chicken wing,cheeze burger,ham

vinder79

Hi hpc, e brown rice(organic) I bought stated no soakin required .. then if dont soak, it tAkes a long Time to cook using normal pot.. How long your slow cooker take??

Hi felz go to Gain City on sat they sell mini slow pot cooker for $9.90 or $9.i feel that rice for baby porridge unless its broken rice should be soak with water and 1/8 teaspoon of olive oil for at least 1 hr then u cook it and it mashes quickly.Have u tried mee suah.U can also cook that after baby reaches 6 mths.Be sure to crush it into tiny bits first.And i fed both my sons eggs after 6 mths.Hope these tips help.

Feliz

Hi felz go to Gain City on sat they sell mini slow pot cooker for $9.90 or $9.i feel that rice for baby porridge unless its broken rice should be soak with water and 1/8 teaspoon of olive oil for at least 1 hr then you cook it and it mashes quickly.Have you tried mee suah.you can also cook that after baby reaches 6 mths.Be sure to crush it into tiny bits first.And i fed both my sons eggs after 6 mths.Hope these tips help.

Hi vinder, realy? thats cheapp! ok wil go get it den.. heheh..

I love mee sua!! hehehe... bt for baby, what type shld i get? n wher? ways of cooking it and ingredient to add???

vinder79

Hi vinder, realy? thats cheapp! ok wil go get it then.. heheh..

I love mee sua!! hehehe... bt for baby, what type shld i get? n wher? ways of cooking it and ingredient to add???

Get the sat paper usually gain city will advertise there for it reallyy 9.90 only but make sure u bring the clipping.I am using mine for 1.5 yrs already and still in gd condition.(same brand then i kiasu mummy bought another 2.Thats how i know.)
Anyways this is how i prepare the mee sua for Danvin(my veg 91/2 mth baby.
1 pc garlic
1/4 teaspoon olive oil
spinach leaves cut small
Carrot cut small
Chillie brand mee sua(more softer)1 bundle
water abt 70ml
1 egg

I fry the garlic with the oil for less than 30 sec.Add in carrots.Fry for abt 20 sec add water and leave to boil for 2 mins.Add in mee sua and when noodles are half cook add in egg lastly add spinach and turn off.Easy right.For u since u feed your baby meat u must put in the meat first to let it cook for abt 45 seconds then add in the water and some stock if u have it.Then add the veg and the noodle.(if u are using leafy veg leave it to be added last so that its not overcooked.)

Hey have u tried giving her bake potatoes with scarambled eggs? Fry the egg with butter not oil.Its a great combi.Hope this helps.

Last edited:

Feliz

Get the sat paper usually gain city will advertise there for it reallyy 9.90 only but make sure you bring the clipping.I am using mine for 1.5 yrs already and still in good condition.(same brand then i kiasu mummy bought another 2.Thats how i know.)
Anyways this is how i prepare the mee sua for Danvin(my veg 91/2 month baby.
1 pc garlic
1/4 teaspoon olive oil
spinach leaves cut small
Carrot cut small
Chillie brand mee sua(more softer)1 bundle
water about 70ml
1 egg

I fry the garlic with the oil for less than 30 sec.Add in carrots.Fry for about 20 sec add water and leave to boil for 2 mins.Add in mee sua and when noodles are half cook add in egg lastly add spinach and turn off.Easy right.For you since you feed your baby meat you must put in the meat first to let it cook for about 45 seconds then add in the water and some stock if you have it.Then add the veg and the noodle.(if you are using leafy veg leave it to be added last so that its not overcooked.)

Hey have you tried giving her bake potatoes with scarambled eggs? Fry the egg with butter not oil.Its a great combi.Hope this helps.

Hi vinder, ya sound so easy leh.. hehhe.. ok will try it soon!.. :001_302:

I don hav oven so cant bake leh.. scarambled egg mus add milk right if im not wrong?? I neve make that b4.. heheheh...:shyxxx:

apollo

apples,fish head,potato,carrot,banana,pumpkin,tuna,stingray,sotong,vitamin c,gummy bears,jelly beans,water melon,mango,pear,chicken wing,cheeze burger,ham
u sure the highlighted one suitable for infant? ESP stingray and sotong! u fed ur baby with all these?

igal_76

Hi Felzdown,
For the threadfin, I usually buy it from NTUC/Cold STorage and cut it into 3 pieces. Think the weight per pack is abt 130g plus minus.
For the chicken, sometimes I cut into 4 pieces. Think around 35-45gm maybe, I agar agar haha.
But when my son just started solids at 6 mths, his appetitie was very small (a few small spoonfuls only), luckily, he shared with my then 1-year-old niece else I do know how to cook for him too.
But you may wish to buy a small slow cooker lo, invest small $$ so your baby can eat brown rice. Think I saw at Best Denki small ones less than $40/50. Dump everything in, no need to watch fire haha.
Oh recently my son refused porridge and I discovered he wants rice so I gave him white rice at first and now I switched to mixing brown and white again.
Best of luck to you :)

Last edited: