What can I do?advice needed

iwan2noe

Hi mummies,

I noticed that there is a while bleh on my left nipple. It is like an area or 'spot' that is white and got 'pus'. Tried to 'sqeeze' out with my thumb and index finger and sometimes got very mild whiteish discharge. It has been like 3 wks. There is no pain or itch. Just keep seeing it on my nipple is worrying me. On the other hand, that day I think I pump too long with relatively high power then suddenly I saw blood oozing out from the lower side if my left nipple. Then I tried not to use too high intensity to express milk and now
no blood ooze out. It is so wasted you know,I threw away abt80ml Do you experienced this before? What do you do, can advise me pls?

Thanks alot;)

Last edited:

cmeilim

hi mummy

i can empathise. i had a few incidents of over-pumping till i pumped out 'strawberry milk'. no choice other than dump the contaminated EBM. i think it was also partly cos my boy bit me when he was teething that the bleeding occurred.

as for a white spot with pus, i had something like that on my aureola (lower side of my left breast) abt a month back (which means nine months into breastfeeding). but i believe was nothing more than a pimple. it was painful to the touch. i was worried my boy would burst it while nursing, so i burst it myself first and cleared the pus, cleaned up the area before nursing my boy. it didn't recur thankfully. i am still not quite sure how the 'pimple' got there but i have taken more caution to keep my breasts clean and sweat-free.

in yr case, since it's been 3 weeks, u might want to see a doc to check what it is exactly.

iwan2noe

hi mummy

i can empathise. i had a few incidents of over-pumping till i pumped out 'strawberry milk'. no choice other than dump the contaminated EBM. i think it was also partly cos my boy bit me when he was teething that the bleeding occurred.

as for a white spot with pus, i had something like that on my aureola (lower side of my left breast) about a month back (which means nine months into breastfeeding). but i believe was nothing more than a pimple. it was painful to the touch. i was worried my boy would burst it while nursing, so i burst it myself first and cleared the pus, cleaned up the area before nursing my boy. it didn't recur thankfully. i am still not quite sure how the 'pimple' got there but i have taken more caution to keep my breasts clean and sweat-free.

in yr case, since it's been 3 weeks, you might want to see a doc to check what it is exactly.
thanks cmeilim,

do you think I shd see juz a gp or shd see a LC?
If so where can I c a LC? it is quite worrying after I
attended a talk on reducing your risk of getting breast cancer. I
did ask the doc giving the talk and was told breast feeding reduces the risk of mummies who r breastfeeding as the hormones that are resonsible for the flutuating hormones during menses is at sleep n not active. Also asked abt the blood that oozed out n hemnetioned it may be due to the truama of the milk ezpressing & indeed that day I had pumped for more than an hr as I m too
eager to express more milk for my gal whose
feed has increased:(

really hope there is nothing wrong with my breasts... Worried n scared:(

iwan2noe

hi mummy

as for a white spot with pus, i had something like that on my aureola (lower side of my left breast) about a month back (which means nine months into breastfeeding). but i believe was nothing more than a pimple. it was painful to the touch. i was worried my boy would burst it while nursing, so i burst it myself first and cleared the pus, cleaned up the area before nursing my boy. it didn't recur thankfully. i am still not quite sure how the 'pimple' got there but i have taken more caution to keep my breasts clean and sweat-free.

in yr case, since it's been 3 weeks, you might want to see a doc to check what it is exactly.
cmeilim,

actually I also keep my breast clean b4 and after I m done with my milk expression. I use a wet kitchen towel to clean my breasts b4 expressing milk and after I'm done. Wondering how u keep ur breasts clean ? Can share tips with me? Thanks so much! :)

saw that the mkt is selling those wipes for nipples/breast from nuk. Not sure if it is gd n useful as it doesn't come cheap. More than $10!

Any view?

cmeilim

cmeilim,

actually I also keep my breast clean before and after I m done with my milk expression. I use a wet kitchen towel to clean my breasts before expressing milk and after I'm done. Wondering how you keep your breasts clean ? Can share tips with me? Thanks so much! :)

saw that the mkt is selling those wipes for nipples/breast from nuk. Not sure if it is good n useful as it doesn't come cheap. More than $10!

Any view?

i tried the nuk sample pack before. think no need to be so 'atas' lah....hahaha. i just use a cotton ball soaked with water, and dab dab on the aureolas. be sure that there is not cotton lint left on the aureola before nursing your baby or pumping though.

cmeilim

thanks cmeilim,

do you think I should see just a gp or should see a LC?
If so where can I c a LC? it is quite worrying after I
attended a talk on reducing your risk of getting breast cancer. I
did ask the doc giving the talk and was told breast feeding reduces the risk of mummies who r breastfeeding as the hormones that are resonsible for the flutuating hormones during menses is at sleep n not active. Also asked about the blood that oozed out n hemnetioned it may be due to the truama of the milk ezpressing & indeed that day I had pumped for more than an hr as I m too
eager to express more milk for my gal whose
feed has increased:(

really hope there is nothing wrong with my breasts... Worried n scared:(

relax and breathe. dun get stressed or it will affect your milk supply more. honestly, i am not sure if you should see a GP or LC or go back to your gynae. maybe you can call an LC to informally check first. i'll PM you my PC's contact. =)

and please don't pump for 1hr! that would really hurt your breasts! massage and hand compression while pumping can help to quicken the let-down and flow of EBM.

iwan2noe

relax and breathe. dont get stressed or it will affect your milk supply more. honestly, i am not sure if you should see a GP or LC or go back to your gynae. maybe you can call an LC to informally check first. i'll PM you my PC's contact. =)

and please dont't pump for 1hr! that would really hurt your breasts! massage and hand compression while pumping can help to quicken the let-down and flow of EBM.

Hee, I got the contacts of your Lc le, cmeilim mummy. Thanks alot:)
hmm, I always use my hand to compress my breast to let the flow down. And ya it helps quicken the collection of breast milk:)