What can I give my baby to drink to prevent fever b4 she goes for her vaccine jabs?

keefu

Re: What can I give my baby to drink to prevent fever b4 she goes for her vaccine jab

I don't think there are ways to prevent it...

apollo

Re: What can I give my baby to drink to prevent fever b4 she goes for her vaccine jab

I heard of giving barley or pao seng drink BUT I didnt cos I dont feel there is a need to and even my mum said no need to give anything b4 vaccine. anw even bb gets fever aft the vaccine, will be v mild one lik 37.8 or 38 and will subside within 2days.. no worries.. =)

PinkDiamonds

I think there isn't really a need to prevent it. After all a fever after a vaccine is just the body's reaction to it, perhaps an adjustment of some sort. It's a mild fever which can be treated with some baby panadol at home.

Besides, not all babies will get a fever after a vaccine. My daughter never had fever after her vaccines in her first year, only had fever once after her MMR jab.

mrs_eg

I think there isn't really a need to prevent it. After all a fever after a vaccine is just the body's reaction to it, perhaps an adjustment of some sort. It's a mild fever which can be treated with some baby panadol at home.

Besides, not all babies will get a fever after a vaccine. My daughter never had fever after her vaccines in her first year, only had fever once after her MMR jab.
I gav barley b4 it doesnt work... So I think it will b better if u dun bother giving anything! :)

Mummy to Baby V

I didn't give my boy anything special, he was exclusively breastfed (didn't even drink water) until 6.5 months old.
After jabs, his temperature was usually raised by 1 degree but no fever.

Even if there's slight fever, it's the body fighting and is a good sign. Relax and all the best! :)

can try "ling2 yang2".. buy from medicine hall.. 1 package use 2 times... consume 1 cup one day before injection. the other portion keep in fridge. after injection, go home, consume the left over..