What carbo to give besides porridge and cereal?

snowbear

If you're interested in what was shown in picture #3, they also come in non-flavoured ones ... as in the entire pack is "plain".
:wink: :wink:

Choice is really yours ... I never bought the plain ones, as I'm more into letting my sons explore their palates more adventurously.
For example, I've let Seamus share my turtle soup ... & he's particularly into the skins, which is another abundant source of calcium & collagen.
:biggrin: :biggrin:

In comparison to what was shown in picture #1, the portions are much bigger ... so, it could go to waste if you are the type of mummy who mind popping the little ones' leftovers into the mouth.
:rofl: :rofl:
Haiz, Alicia refuses food fed via spoon. She'd be mostly alright with the stuff i feed via hand though. So i've gotta figure out what stuff to feed via hand for the time being. Going crazy...

VroomVroomBoys

Alpha Male
snowbear said:
Haiz, Alicia refuses food fed via spoon. She'd be mostly alright with the stuff i feed via hand though. So i've gotta figure out what stuff to feed via hand for the time being. Going crazy...
Erm ... if it's any consolation to you, Seamus only learnt to eat neatly with his fork/spoon set after he learnt about peer pressure in his classes at pre-school earlier this year. Prior to that, we were ok with him creating a big mess during his meal-times ... where using his hands was no taboo.

For the macaroni in cheese or just the cheese alone (when you are trying out), it's actually quite ok to let Alicia feed herself with her own hands ... if she's not quite ready for that yet, then your hands would do just fine too.

snowbear

Erm ... if it's any consolation to you, Seamus only learnt to eat neatly with his fork/spoon set after he learnt about peer pressure in his classes at pre-school earlier this year. Prior to that, we were ok with him creating a big mess during his meal-times ... where using his hands was no taboo.

For the macaroni in cheese or just the cheese alone (when you are trying out), it's actually quite ok to let Alicia feed herself with her own hands ... if she's not quite ready for that yet, then your hands would do just fine too.
She brings everything she touches into her mouth except food. *faint* Maybe the Gerber puffs are too small and she doesn't know how to put it into her mouth. She'd pick the puff up, hold it in her hand but not put it in the mouth. Yet she's super keen on it when i bring it near her mouth. Dunno leh. I'm so tired and frustrated.

VroomVroomBoys

Alpha Male
snowbear said:
She brings everything she touches into her mouth except food. *faint* Maybe the Gerber puffs are too small and she doesn't know how to put it into her mouth. She'd pick the puff up, hold it in her hand but not put it in the mouth. Yet she's super keen on it when i bring it near her mouth. Dunno leh. I'm so tired and frustrated.
Sounds like she is enjoying her food ... it's just that her motor skills at the joints (of her fingers) still not quite fully developed yet, so she gets frustrated too when she can't quite put the food in her mouth. Happened to Seamus too.

Try getting puffs that are bigger than the Gerber ones ... alternatively, you might wanna try giving her what used to be Seamus' favourite when he was around Alicia's age: Baby Bites.
They come in 2 falvours (chicken with vegetables or carrot) ... in boxes of 24 rusks ... individually sealed packs of 2 rusks each.
In comparison, they are softer/puffier than the Keinz rusks ... which is like stone lor.

snowbear

Sounds like she is enjoying her food ... it's just that her motor skills at the joints (of her fingers) still not quite fully developed yet, so she gets frustrated too when she can't quite put the food in her mouth. Happened to Seamus too.

Try getting puffs that are bigger than the Gerber ones ... alternatively, you might wanna try giving her what used to be Seamus' favourite when he was around Alicia's age: Baby Bites.
They come in 2 falvours (chicken with vegetables or carrot) ... in boxes of 24 rusks ... individually sealed packs of 2 rusks each.
In comparison, they are softer/puffier than the Keinz rusks ... which is like stone lor.
She eats the unflavoured Baby Bites. She loves that too. I'd also give her Bellamy's rusks to chew on sometimes. I feel like a bad mum giving her so many snacks but i can't really get her to eat proper food. I'm afraid that i might be cultivating a bad habit...

autumn82

Haiz, still a fussy little one... thank God she's still eating pancakes... oh, she has started to eat a teeny weeny bit of bread. Still hates porridge and cereal. Tried mee sua that day but she also dun like. She's latching on more often these days so at least she's trying to make up for her lack of interest in SSF. Lemme noe how Iggy takes to pasta...
Darling, I tried giving Iggy pasta w minced pork just now. After cooking I pureed alittle. He ate it but sometimes was like choking on it for a sec coz he just swallow it. :tlaugh:But if I puree it slightly longer, it would be fine for him. :)

snowbear

Darling, I tried giving Iggy pasta w minced pork just now. After cooking I pureed alittle. He ate it but sometimes was like choking on it for a sec coz he just swallow it. :tlaugh:But if I puree it slightly longer, it would be fine for him. :)
You pureed the meat or both pasta and meat?

vonn81

Aiyo my DD also leh...need to use hands too...porridge how to use hand my god...now i'm using another utensil...chopsticks...hai...she is ok with that...siao liao arh...

vonn81

I'm like u b4...my dd also doesnt know how to put the biscuit in her mouth...always need me to feed, i've tried many times letting her take, she will just take it and smash it then throw it on the floor...i also try using my hand to guide her, she will resist.

BUT one fine day, where i nv expect her to master how to put the food into her mouth and she just did it... i gave her the gerber star biscuit she took it and i guide her to put into her mouth, she did not resist so i try a few times and she just know it after a few try...she was 11 mths...so dun worry lah...she will give u a suprise one day...lolx:err:

Can try sweet potatoes, mashed red potatoes (add some formula milk), pumpkin, oatmeal. Pasta usually for tods or older babies who has develop molars i think otherwise they'll just swallow the whole thing

I rarely gives biscuits coz lots of residues stuck in teeth, i think fruits made better snacks

Last edited:

snowbear

Aiyo my DD also leh...need to use hands too...porridge how to use hand my god...now i'm using another utensil...chopsticks...hai...she is ok with that...siao liao arh...
ya lor. So i stopped porridge and cereal le. Can't feed by hand...

snowbear

I'm like u b4...my dd also doesnt know how to put the biscuit in her mouth...always need me to feed, i've tried many times letting her take, she will just take it and smash it then throw it on the floor...i also try using my hand to guide her, she will resist.

BUT one fine day, where i nv expect her to master how to put the food into her mouth and she just did it... i gave her the gerber star biscuit she took it and i guide her to put into her mouth, she did not resist so i try a few times and she just know it after a few try...she was 11 mths...so dun worry lah...she will give u a suprise one day...lolx:err:
She has put in a couple of Gerber star biscuits into her mouth before. Looks very cute. But not always successful...