What crazy technique sends your baby to sleep?

libbyo

Hi there,

Has anyone found that special something that sends their baby straight to sleep? My sister has found that her son goes to sleep really quickly when she puts his head by the extractor fan.

I'm wondering if any other mothers have found their own weird and wonderful tricks that seem to send their baby off to sleep almost without fail. Maybe you know another mother who's found something really unusual that works a treat?

If you have a couple of minutes to spare, please share here

Libby

star_star

Hi! I tink he likes to sleep the cuz of the humming sound the fan makes? I read that tis kinda sound are called white noise. Tey r sounds like hair dryer,water running,humming of car or fan etc. These noises calms the baby. My boy is fussy wen ot comes to sleep,he need sto be carried n pat to sleep. No matter hw tired he is,he will stil fuss till u carry n pat him to sleep. The unusual part is tat my dad can put him to sleep in an instant. My mum says its bcuz tey r the same chinese zodiac,tiger. So tey connect veri well. Haha same frequency.

keefu

My boy also likes to be hugged and patted to sleep... But my grandma was also able to comfort him to sleep but her zodiac is ox, whereas my hubby also an ox but had a harder time due to most of my boy's nights are spent with me.

Mummy to Baby V

My boy wants me at bedtime, even at 2 years old!!!
Sometimes, I get hubby to hug him to sleep so that it's not always only me.

He's a fussy light-sleeper, so had to be swaddled (until 6+ months), carried (until 14 months), co-sleep and with white noise (until now).

We tried many sleep "gadgets", shared at
Sleep | Mummy's Reviews

With my no 2 (7mths now), I put her in my MIM sling, attach her to my boob and bounce on my exercise ball with both the a/c and fan blowing. (she's so chubby she gets so hot.) My hubby's way is to take her for a walk around the apartment compound. She often screams and cries until she collapse in his arms. She's quite difficult coz she doesn't want a pacifier or her thumb. She constantly wants to latch on. (thus causing her to be overweight from overfeeding.)

apollo

when ds was young, he need us to carry n rock him gently (bad habit) haha. but nw he is older alrdy and whenever i said "SLEEP!" he will quickly lie down and close his eyes. haha!

bb2010

Hi

One of my friend train her son is let him cry and dun carry or pat him... starting is cry about 40mins...and then 30mins. 20mins..slowly her son will sleep by his own and no need carry or pat... this is good but i feel quite cruel to baby lor...heart pain when hear he cry so loudly.

bb2010

I tried that on my 1st girl but she cried for nearly 2hrs and I gave up. She got stronger will than me.
Wah,,u let yr gal cry 2 hours ah? even 20mins i already feel like 2 hours lioa... so now i still carry and pat my son before he sleep :(

keefu

With my no 2 (7mths now), I put her in my MIM sling, attach her to my boob and bounce on my exercise ball with both the a/c and fan blowing. (she's so chubby she gets so hot.) My hubby's way is to take her for a walk around the apartment compound. She often screams and cries until she collapse in his arms. She's quite difficult coz she doesn't want a pacifier or her thumb. She constantly wants to latch on. (thus causing her to be overweight from overfeeding.)
Same! My boy works best with latching on which I think will result him being overweight now! Sigh... Pacifiers only help a weeny bit cos he will spit out the pacifier playfully and though he also sucks his fingers, but he's always making noises and more like playing than trying to sleep! Sigh... I hope he will sleep on his own though...

Mummy to Baby V

Ya. 2 tortuous hours. Did that once and never again. Now she's 27mths and sleep much better. Thank goodness!
Yah, babies will definitely outgrow the passing phase. I also read about the cry-it-out and controlled crying methods during the "desperate" months. Hubby was very sane and said not to try. Later on, I read that these methods might cause harm to baby. Guess there's no shortcut to parenting. :)