What do u most wanted to do after giving birth n confinement?

BeingSingle

Because we realise we can't relax or have fun when our babies are not with us. Who knew our lives would revolve around these two little munchkins. I use to party hard and drink harder. I loved my whisky dry and red wine. We would go have dinner in a posh restaurant and my hubby would order a super expensive bottle of wine. Now I can hardly finish a glass of vino. We take our babies everywhere we go. Even on holidays. My life will never be like what it was pre babies but I don't miss it one bit. It's better now. I have the loveliest gals to hang out and play pretend tea with. Even caught my hubby having pretend tea with my girl one day. Who cares anymore about what I want. It's about what they want now.
hmmm...surely 1 night will be ok? guess we are all built differently. i need a night or 2 a month out on my own at least. helps me relax and concentrate on not getting cranky. if i get cranky than i cant be a loving and patient mummy...yah, you are right. the babies are the most important things in the world to all mummies...

tea party..so cute..cant wait for my little one to arrive and be old enough to play tea party with me ... :)

Carisella

1:Eat my favorite LAMB SHANK and SALMON SASHIMI!!
2:Hiking!!
3:This 3rd one will sound very er xin but.. have sex with hubby again :shyxxx:

cmeilim

It's really fun playing role-playing games with kids!!

hmmm...surely 1 night will be ok? guess we are all built differently. i need a night or 2 a month out on my own at least. helps me relax and concentrate on not getting cranky. if i get cranky than i cant be a loving and patient mummy...yah, you are right. the babies are the most important things in the world to all mummies...

tea party..so cute..cant wait for my little one to arrive and be old enough to play tea party with me ... :)

cmeilim

The third thing can also do during pregnancy mah...just maybe not as frequent and havoc if mummy is not feeling well or belly gets too big.

BeingSingle

oh yes! of course! that goes w/o saying! but i think sex will never be the same again...coz baby may juz wake up and cry mid way.. :(
make do make do lah..

cmeilim

oh yes! of course! that goes w/o saying! but i think sex will never be the same again...coz baby may juz wake up and cry mid way.. :(
make do make do lah..
haha, we go by scale of his cries in five levels. if it's level one or two, we continue our activity. if escalate to level 3 and we have just started, then we will have to stop. but if at level 3 and we are nearly there, we just go the whole way then settle him. haha, so there were a couple of times when we had 'audience'. *blush* but i read that once babies grow older to be toddlers, it's not good for there psychologically to witness daddy and mummy in the act....

BeingSingle

haha, we go by scale of his cries in five levels. if it's level one or two, we continue our activity. if escalate to level 3 and we have just started, then we will have to stop. but if at level 3 and we are nearly there, we just go the whole way then settle him. haha, so there were a couple of times when we had 'audience'. *blush* but i read that once babies grow older to be toddlers, it's not good for there psychologically to witness daddy and mummy in the act....
oiy! dont traumatize the toddler leh! of course cannot let them see lah! hahahaha....oh no oh no!...baby time still ok coz i think they have no memory until 3 yrs old or so..

cmeilim

i read that from 2 years old onwards shouldn't let them catch us in the act liao....

must say that the crying usually adds on a certain thrill to the heat of the action, unless the crying starts and we have just started foreplay. then it's quite a dampener....but then again, as parents of babies and young kids, we also understand where priorities should lie lah! instead of viewing it as 'inconvenience' and 'spoilsport', we just laughed about it in good spirit.

jacole

hello all

I have 4 bottles of home made red rice wine to let go at $12 per bottle.

each 750ml
No preservatives added
best for confinement, remove wind (qu feng), blood circulation

Pm me if interested

eejess

after giving birth the very first thing i hope to do is to bf.. haha.. never try before in my life, so curious!

Mummy to Baby V

after giving birth the very first thing i hope to do is to bf.. haha.. never try before in my life, so curious!
Oh, it's a wonderful experience after getting the hang of it. In the meantime, just read up lots especially Kellymom.com and watch videos on latching. All the best! :)

eejess

Oh, it's a wonderful experience after getting the hang of it. In the meantime, just read up lots especially Kellymom.com and watch videos on latching. All the best! :)
i've been keeping myself informative abt bf.. but i guess must really hands on to get the real thing!! hopefully is not too difficult..

cmeilim

i've been keeping myself informative abt bf.. but i guess must really hands on to get the real thing!! hopefully is not too difficult..
first four to six weeks will not be easy, but with perseverance, determination and diligence, once the routine settles down, it will be a very fulfilling and enjoyable journey with your child. =)

eejess

first four to six weeks will not be easy, but with perseverance, determination and diligence, once the routine settles down, it will be a very fulfilling and enjoyable journey with your child. =)
so wat r the difficulties u face initially?

Engorgement, cracked sore nipples, blocked milk ducts, and leaky breasts. These are just the normal stuff. 1st feeling of engorgement for me was like someone sitting on my chest and my breasts felt like it was on fire. Cracked nipples was also unpleasant but once you master the art of correct latching on, it'll heal. Also, nipples get desensitized from all the suckling. It may sound crazy to say that it is a satisfying feeling to accomplish breast feeding but you'll understand once you have persevered on past the first few difficult weeks.

eejess

Engorgement, cracked sore nipples, blocked milk ducts, and leaky breasts. These are just the normal stuff. 1st feeling of engorgement for me was like someone sitting on my chest and my breasts felt like it was on fire. Cracked nipples was also unpleasant but once you master the art of correct latching on, it'll heal. Also, nipples get desensitized from all the suckling. It may sound crazy to say that it is a satisfying feeling to accomplish breast feeding but you'll understand once you have persevered on past the first few difficult weeks.
i do not know how ready am i n it does sound really crazy to me.. but for the sake of bb, i'm going to do it.... hopefully!

cmeilim

shared mampenguin's experience in the first few weeks and also her sentiments about the satisfaction that comes from being able to see your baby grown from newborn to six months old with just the breastmilk that comes from you.