What do you apply around baby's neck?

Edwinie

Baby's have a short neck with many folds. Sometimes, my baby will perspire and the neck will be sticky. There will also be a sweaty smell around the neck area in between the folds.. May I know what mothers put at the neck area so the baby will feel comfortable and prevent the stickiness and smell?

Ting

i will just usually clean it with a damp cloth and pat on some baby powder. but some parents are not ok with applying powder cos they worry abt the "pores" getting into the the nose n stuff. but if u r ok with it, then go ahead. :)

shiyi

i put powder and wipe the neck with wet wipes sometimes. else that part might have rashes due to her saliva

apollo

we used to put powder but it somehow worsen and ds have rashes on his neck and pd told us dont apply powder aft tt i saw some mummies here recommended using baby lotion. aft switching to lotion, his neck got much better. we used Kodomo Lotion Powder, it is in lotion form.

Renzie

I don't usually apply anything, just wipe with damp cloth. When she had rashes around her mouth area, would wipe it with cloth dip into cooled boiled water.

Edwinie

Thanks all for sharing!

My mother-in-law prefers putting lotion. But I think it's sticky and seems uncomfortable to me. It leaves some substance within the neckline after some time. I'm using J&J.

I'm going to try powder and see how he react. If it's bad I'll try kodomo lotion. =)