What do you give for breakfast, lunch, & dinner? (7 & 1/2-month-old)

esta_837

mayb you wanna cut down her solid meal to 2 meals 1st instead of 3 meals? actually if she is taking 3 meals solid and drinks 210ml 3x daily i think the milk intake is not consider low. but i personally feel that 2 meals solid food is enough for a 7mth old, the res should be milk until they are older lik 10-12mth old =)

i will use chk bones to make chk stock. throw the chk bones (nth else) into a pot of water and let it boil. usually i boil them for an hr. let it cool abit then scoop into ice cube (those with lids) and put into freezer. next day pop out the cubes and thro them into freezer bag. i bought both ice cubes with lids and freezer bag from Daiso.

for fish one, i use Ikan Bilis to make the stock. same method.
Can't tell how much she's drinking now coz I just direct latch her on, tried expressing but couldn't keep up with expressing while I had to attend to other things.. so I just keep feeding her milk before and after solids.... :p

Ok, will do it that way with the stock. Thanks!

esta_837

my mother inlaw also preffer to feed baby with cooked food instead of instant one. they also dont like it if i feed too much fruits to them...they think its cooling.

Wow thanks ok, will take note of that point, I'm sure my ILs will think that too. I forgot about the "cooling" and "heaty" part.

Feliz

hi felzdown mummy, i am using yogurt maker to make, just put milk and yogurt culture then on the power...it takes about 6-7 hours for the yogurt to set in. This will last for our whole family for 4-5 days, very economical in the long run.

But if you only feed to baby, maybe you can consider buy the Pauls original yogurt from supermarket, in my opinion is more convenient :)

Hi sufeit mummy, Pauls original yogurt? neve hear b4.. any super market? How does it look like ah?

I don tink i will make e yogurt myself cos seem like alot of work.. =p

I'm using Easiyo to make yogurt for Eva - I get the natural unsweetened sachets of cultures (they have sweetened ones which are fruit based but I avoid those coz it's VERY sweet) - and it lasts me at least a week to two weeks.

For tofu, you can give it fresh - for silken or organic - but freezing makes it very rubbery. Tofu can be kept in the fridge (in water) up to a week but make sure you change the water daily.

Babe, Easiyo? also ready to eat type issit?

tofu give it fresh? means buy frm supermarket n eat straight?? :tlaugh:

apollo

Hi sufeit mummy, Pauls original yogurt? neve hear before.. any super market? How does it look like ?

I dont tink i will make e yogurt myself cos seem like alot of work.. =p

babe, i think i can help them to ans ur qns. haha!!! Pauls Original yoghurt is available at supermarkets lik NTUC, the packaging is blue and white, v easy to reco.

i saw Easiyo b4, if i'm not wrong, tt one is not ready-to-wat one.. (correct me if i'm wrong)

as for tofu, though some books stated can eat without cooking but to play safe, i will still throw it into the pot for a few min b4 serving to ds. =)

meiteoh

herm....Isabella's not even 7kgs yet, but close. I suspect she'll only reach 7kgs at 8months. Which is still right at the bottom of the chart. She can go on all fours and lift her tummy & bum right off, and even push her bum right up in the air, and bend her legs up under her and push them out again, but otherwise her hands still remain fixed in position - i.e. can't move forward with her hands. When she sits, she tends to lean towards the front, and will fall forwards after sitting for some time. Both these show me that her upper back seems weak.

Hmm...will try egg yolk within these few days. Thanks for reminding, I totally forgot about it. How much egg yolk did you give? Cherries aren't in season till end of the yr over here. I dont't think there are organic cranberries? I have not't checked the types they sell in the supermarket, not sure if it's ok for babies to eat? Not sure if should try celery also because it has some "joints" (can't express the correct term here?!) Sweet peas & french beans ok to buy frozen ones right? I've been avoiding Wheat because it seems to make her full for very long. Not sure again about the wheat, perhaps will intro after 8 months. I've got the pasta stars in my pantry and am planning to try it for dinner.. :) Also have alphabet pasta :) but it seems to contain wheat so will put it off for now. Just worried making her too full with the solids.
From what you're describing, it sounds like she's beginning to show the signs of crawling. Eva used to the same thing as well. She's unstoppable on the floor now. :p

I usually give egg yolk with other things so I am not too sure on the quantity - around 1-2 usually but it's spread out over a few meals. When she first started on eggs, I put them as an omelette for her lunch and afternoon snack.

Cherries are not the same as blueberries or strawberries so they are safe for babies below 12 mths.

You can chop celery up and cook it with carrots and other veg before bleding it to make a soup.

If you can get fresh vegetables, it's even better but frozen ones are fine.

With Eva, it doesn't matter if I feed her wheat or other grains - she'll eat during her usual times. I guess coz she doesn't really eat a lot - just slightly over half a bowl.

Hi sufeit mummy, Pauls original yogurt? neve hear before.. any super market? How does it look like ?

I dont tink i will make e yogurt myself cos seem like alot of work.. =p

Easiyo is just a yogurt maker whereby you buy a sachet, add water, stir and place it in the yogurt maker to sit and culture for around 12 hours or more. Then when it's done, just stir again and place in the fridge. Can eat a few hours later. It's very easy and I usually take like less than 10 minutes to put everything together and then I'll leave it on the kitchen counter in one corner to sit.

Yup, just buy those prepacked tofu from the supermarket and eat. :)

Last edited:

Feliz

babe, i think i can help them to ans your qns. haha!!! Pauls Original yoghurt is available at supermarkets lik NTUC, the packaging is blue and white, very easy to reco.

i saw Easiyo before, if i'm not wrong, that one is not ready-to-what one.. (correct me if i'm wrong)

as for tofu, though some books stated can eat without cooking but to play safe, i will still throw it into the pot for a few min before serving to dear son. =)
Thanks babe.. :Dancing_wub:

heehee, i attached a pic for you to see. They also got low fat version, but i choose the original full version because baby need fat.

Thanks sufeit for e pic.. will go get it for my girl to try..

esta_837

From what you're describing, it sounds like she's beginning to show the signs of crawling. Eva used to the same thing as well. She's unstoppable on the floor now. :p

I usually give egg yolk with other things so I am not too sure on the quantity - around 1-2 usually but it's spread out over a few meals. When she first started on eggs, I put them as an omelette for her lunch and afternoon snack.

Cherries are not the same as blueberries or strawberries so they are safe for babies below 12 mths.

You can chop celery up and cook it with carrots and other veg before bleding it to make a soup.

If you can get fresh vegetables, it's even better but frozen ones are fine.

With Eva, it doesn't matter if I feed her wheat or other grains - she'll eat during her usual times. I guess coz she doesn't really eat a lot - just slightly over half a bowl.

:)
hmm...why can't she sit up for long still? I just hate to hear comments from ILs about why nearly 8 mths and still can't sit up. No point telling them every baby is different, they are certain she's not getting enough nutrition (from solids they reckon). Sigh...they're arriving tonight..... :(

Haven't got fresh cherries over here in season.... just got to wait till near summer for all those stone fruit......

When did you start serving "soup"? I thought that's more of a past-1-yr-old food, as the liquids will make them drink less milk?? She doesn't seem to be drinking much milk now already..... latches on for only about 3-4 mins each side, doesn't empty the breast....

meiteoh

hmm...why can't she sit up for long still? I just hate to hear comments from ILs about why nearly 8 mths and still can't sit up. No point telling them every baby is different, they are certain she's not getting enough nutrition (from solids they reckon). Sigh...they're arriving tonight..... :(

have not't got fresh cherries over here in season.... just got to wait till near summer for all those stone fruit......

When did you start serving "soup"? I thought that's more of a past-1-yr-old food, as the liquids will make them drink less milk?? She doesn't seem to be drinking much milk now already..... latches on for only about 3-4 mins each side, doesn't empty the breast....
Well, it is true that every baby is different. If they can't accept that reason, then tell them that no two person (adult, that is) is alike and see if they still want to be unreasonable.

Case in point - I have a friend whose 14 mth baby HATES to crawl. Will prefer to sweep the floor with her butt or stand and cruise. Consequently, her baby never learnt to crawl but walk instead. Belle (baby of one of the mummies here) is another good example. She HATES to sit upright on her own but is now cruising at 10 mths compared to my daughter who LOVES to sit and crawl but hates to stand/cruise at 11 mths. It has little to do with nutrition and more with your baby's development and temperament. More adventurous babies are more likely to sit, crawl and walk faster than their mellow peers.

Soup? I started giving to her around 10 mths or so. Eva didn't latch on for long either at 7.5 mths. I was feeding her every three hours during the day and she was sleeping through at night. Still manage to pack on weight.

I wasn't too worried about it because I let her decide how much she wants to drink and I know that she's getting enough of nutrients. I don't like the idea of overfeeding babies because it encourages them to eat more than is necessary leading to obesity and weight-related issues in babies and toddlers, which does exist. :x

Last edited:

esta_837

Sigh... i totally agree with u and i see your point. That's very reassuring to hear. Unfortunately, my ILs have very firm beliefs and I'm afraid I can't out-talk them. It becomes a talking competition if I do try to explain, and I reallly hate that; Or, they simply just didn't hear me. Forget it, i just have to ignore. Thanks again....