what equipment or things do we need to buy when preparing to start baby on foods.

Gif

Experienced mummies can share what we need to get ? And wats not really necessary?

1)high chair
2)weaning spoons
3)sippy cups
4)snack containers
5) blender n steamer (cant we use wat the adults are using?)
6) bibs

What else?

pmcheng

I didn't get separate blender or steamer. Got my son the sippy cup but he doesn't seem to know how to use it - instead, he happily chews on it as if it's a teething toy. Haha!

lasery2k

there's a sippy cup from mam if nt wrong which comes in different sprout. can change according to the age. for younger tods. can start off with the teat still looking like a teat bottle head n slowly upgrade from there.

anyway kids nowaday are very smart..monkey see...monkey do..my boy skip directly from bottle to straw cup at 15mths old..waste my $$ on getting the whole set..=(

some of the items i prepared for weaning..

flexible or rubber spoon tt won't cut their mouth and small enough to go in.
high chair for containing the active little fellow.
pigeon travel bowl
thermos travel container for keeping the food warm when we goes out. they gt 2 sizes..i start off with the small and now upgrade to the big 1.
i prefer the cotton on bibs as it's two sided and it's BIG...can clean the messy fellow n protect the clothes from spitting.
snacks is the gerber puffs or happybellies which will sort of melt in the mouth when touches saliva.
snack container is from daiso..cheap n good.
if bb reaches around 16 - 18 mths onwards can start to teach him how to use the ultensiles by themselves. there's a whole set of it by combi..quite useful when teaching them.

erm....i didn't use the steamer and blender at all..hahaha..

my maid will cook his porridge daily...we started off with items tt will soften easily. brocolis,carrot, sweet potato, potato, pumkin then will boil until become porridge n use spoon the smash everything.

the age which i start to oficially wean him off is 7mths. from 5mths - 7mths is slowly introduce him with different kind of bottled baby food. the facial expression of the baby first taste of food outside milk is priceless..

yeng

Get a hand blender. Braun has a good one. It is one my best investment. Easy to produce puree food real quick when they are bb. You can also control how chunky you want your food as yr bb progress to chewing. After that it is useful to blend western soups, for toddlers. You can even stick it right into the pot to blend the soup. Now my kids are older, I am still using it to make different sauces, dressing and the occasional soup.