what formula do infant drink

PTB7476

just in case we do not have enuff Breastmilk, what formula milk do you feed your newborn :embarrassed: there are so many brand out there

S26, Similac , Frisco ... i really dunno how to choose...

if you ask me i would go straight to S26 cos that is what my sibling and i have been drinking since baby :001_302: but i dont want to risk missing out some other better nutritious formula for my young one ...

any one did a comparsion ?

apollo

just keep latching on ur bb whenever he/she needs feeding, supply will continue coming in =)

anw, ds was on FrisoGold during the 1st 6weeks. den swicth to FrisoComfort (pd's reco) and when he is 4mth old, we change him to Similac. So far, Abbott products suits him =)

PTB7476

just keep latching on your baby whenever he/she needs feeding, supply will continue coming in =)

anw, dear son was on FrisoGold during the 1st 6weeks. then swicth to FrisoComfort (pediatrician's reco) and when he is 4mth old, we change him to Similac. So far, Abbott products suits him =)
I will latch as much as possible but just in case there is really a need to formula milk :p

JPng

my gal is taking similac and so far ok. try not to switch brands too often.. not sure if they can get used to diff taste..

however, if u're determine to breastfeed, latch on as much as possible. more demand = more supply. u can also try pumping out after ur bb finish latching. this creates an "impression" to ur breast tat ur bb need more "supply" and will produce more...

most importantly, dun get affected by others if they say tat ur milk is insufficient n need formula milk. have confident in urself tat u can feed ur bb well.

: )

PTB7476

notice alot of pple use similac...why is it so ? cos it is the most exp and meaning more nutritions or it is really indeed pack with full of nutritions :embarrassed:

dun worry BF is my 1st priority ...but sometime need to have contingency plan :001_302:

apollo

notice alot of pple use similac...why is it so ? cos it is the most exp and meaning more nutritions or it is really indeed pack with full of nutritions :embarrassed:

dont worry BF is my 1st priority ...but sometime need to have contingency plan :001_302:
if the parents choose FM mainly becos it is exp ('branded') den i think most will choose Enfalac instead, cos Enfalac is more exp den similac. anf of cos, the nutritions level is higher..

honestly speaking, i feel tt the 'standard dosage' of nutritions is alrdy there, even for the cheapest FM. i switch ds' FM to similac mainly is becos FrisoGold dun suit him, FrisoComfort is stage 1, cant expect him to drink until he grows up =)

PTB7476

if the parents choose FM mainly becos it is exp ('branded') then i think most will choose Enfalac instead, cos Enfalac is more exp then similac. anf of cos, the nutritions level is higher..

honestly speaking, i feel that the 'standard dosage' of nutritions is alrdy there, even for the cheapest FM. i switch dear son' FM to similac mainly is becos FrisoGold dont suit him, FrisoComfort is stage 1, cant expect him to drink until he grows up =)
sorry how do one know whether the FM is suitable for the infant :embarrassed:

apollo

sorry how do one know whether the FM is suitable for the infant :embarrassed:
as long as no diarrhoea, no constipation, shd be okay. actu for ds, when we 1st intro him similac, he had diarrhoea for a few days. brought him to pd, and pd said some babies nd up to 2 weeks to re-adjust to new FM, and told us not to change his FM again, true enough, at abt a week time, his bowel has gone bk to normal.

but some fully BF babies will get constipation when they 1st take FM. same thing, their body need time to re-adjust =)

sunburst

Interesting read!

Breastmilk is best coz there are nutrients in it tt just can't be found in fm. Given said that... I am not breastfeeding my bb already & feeling quite upset whenever I think about it. Had to give up coz I had a super bad case of hives.

trine

i am still bf-ing, full-time pumping. my milk supply is just nice to meet baby's demand but sometimes when my milk supply is low, sadly i have to supplement with formula. when he was born i gave him anmum, but that particular milk can only be found at the hospital, so i switched to similac where i can buy at the supermarket. he had no complains, no allergy, except that he always preferred bm - obviously smart choice :) when he was 9 months old, i changed to meiji step. the reason is his ped suspected he had some kind of vitamin deficiency, he had tiny red dots all over his legs - a sign of thin blood vessels breaking which may be because of low intake of vitamin c. he doesn't really like fruits or anything sweet - i guess that's the problem. i tried giving him multivitamin syrup but each time is a fight to it's all wasted. so i give him this meiji formula just to meet his daily vitamin requirements, only 1 bottle of 200ml at night. personally i like the taste and the smell is gooood...

cheeseburger

My baby is nearly 3 months old now. We have been giving her fm since birth even though i'm also bf her, just so she could get used to fm before I return to work. We first gave her Mamex gold, then we switched to Friso. Friso seems to suit her better since she pass motion more regularly, unlike with mamex where she went four days without passing motion several times.
Now that I'm back at work, I try to express milk for her as much possible, eventhough I'm not getting a lot of milk, could only express around 60 ml on the average. But I still continue expressing, since I know it's more healthy for her.

leesc

Hi moms, i'm a newbie here.
Currently in Singapore can't find the formula for infant of Meiji brand.
Just wondering will you buy from local online retailer if they selling this brand. Will you think that's trustworthy of the origin ? :)

trine

maybe you can try to find meiji milk at meidi-ya? or other japanese supermarkets? i am currently in indonesia and we have a local distributor here.

in a way yes, i trust meiji because of its origin hahaha.. other concerns are the taste and the vitamins. no point giving milk that my baby won't eat ;)

Last edited:
If u wanna try Japanese brand , try wakado. Available at yamaka super market. Tampines1 basement, jurong point, liang court and alot more. Most Japanese supermarket sells them. Cost about $46 per Tin(850g). I fed my girl
since she was born as I couldn't supply enuf bm and I got no patience I'm sorry. Young
mother so very inpatient beginning. It's the closest to bm and when my URL
admitted to kkh for gastric flu cos she caught flu frm my mil, the doctors there read the ingredients and said it's very gd compared to local brands. I tried finding Meiji but only available online but I dare nt order online. Dunno whether safe anot. Haha. This brand wakado can drink till 9mths plus before changing to the next wakado blue in colour label for 9mths above.

Hope this information helps u. It always out of stock so I usually purchase 4-8tins at a go. Cos my girl finish 1 tin in a week or less.

aahdorr

u can try nan i using for my 6 week bb .. she gain weight .. got poo when birth is 3.4 now is 5kg .. :shyxxx: