what is your 19month+ old baby behaviour and capability?

Porukadotzu

hi mommies,

please share what is your 19mth old baby normally behave and capable of?

I have 19mth old girl who currently :

- like to talk..alottt of talking... some words are still baby languange tho, but she know alot of words already like : mouth, nose, eyes, ears, hand, feet, mamam, mei mei, bear, hua (its her first word), bubble, balloon, car, hellokitty, gai gai, shoes, pear, apple, pao pao (carry) and still many more

- if she saw someone dressed up or wearing something nice (according to her taste) she would say " whoaa, mey mey leh? gai gai ya?"

- if she saw ah pek not wearing any tops, she would say "whoaa, pom pom loorr"

- she like to laugh at ppl that is funny or dressed funny...

- she like to copy things like how old ah ma walk (by walk bending a bit and say "ah ma")

- if she scare she'd say "pha pha" n put her hand on chest

- she like to talk with other kids even older than her, tho the other kids actually dun understand what she talk about

...ok this what i can think of right now...

capability:

- nowadays she can pick up her own shoe or sandal that she want to wear.. she would pick a pair too.

- she know when she want to drink milk or not...so i have to ask her first.

- she know which food is hot and she can not eat

-she know how to keep things (sometimes)

ok so far this is what i can remember too...hehe

i wanna know others!!

DodoTan

My son is 18mth+. He's not really talking yet. Understands what we say, but still using mostly his own language. So far, he can say 'bye bye', 'bird', 'six', 'muak!'... that's about it I think. But he sings to himself when he's happy. Can roughly make out that it's ABC or twinkle twinkle little star. He points at what he wants and shakes his head when he doesn't want something. He's very active and will climb up anything: sofa, chair, table, etc. When happy, he sometimes walks in circles or 'dances' to himslef. Whenever he can, he'll shread tissue, and remove the batteries from the TV remote control. When he's in a bad mood, he'll throw his toys everywhere; when he's in a good mood, he'll put his toys back in their proper containers and places. If he thinks that you're going out, he'll run ahead of you to the door and park himself there so that you would take him with you. Oh yes, and he also covers his own eyes to play peek-a-boo with you. But after a few rounds, he'll peek out from between his fingers to see if you're still looking at him. :)

autumn82

:err::err: Iggy at 20mths now. He can't speak much words, only papa, mama, belle belle, car, buS, staR. :embarrassed: He understands what we are saying.

• Keeps his toys into his toy bags
  • Drags his high chair to the dinning table when he sees his bowl (meaning makan time) When sitted, he will look for buckle to buckle up then can start eating.
  • Hold his bottle and drinks by himself, when done, will throw the tissue into the bin & milk bottle at the sink.
  • Put his dirty clothes into laundry bag.
  • Shakes his head (no/don't want) & nods his head (yes/want/understand)
  • Plays catching with his sister and snatch his sister's colours to draw on paper.
  • Take his books out and start kiss the characters in it.
  • Dance & shake his bum & hands when fast beat music.
  • Can wear & take off his own sandals/shoes.
Wat else? :tlaugh:He's fine just that he's pretty slow in speech wise, I feel. Despite us talking to him all the time and all, he refuses to speak. :001_302:

autumn82

Boys tend to speak later but good with gross and fine motor skills ?
But for Iggy, I think it's really quite late though 2 pds said he's fine. Coz we know of 2 boys 3mths older than him and 2 boys younger than him, all started speaking more than him.. :embarrassed:

My last resort, I'm thinking of putting him in playground now (April) instead of what I've planned, which is next year.

pbaoyu

hi mommies,

please share what is your 19mth old baby normally behave and capable of?

I have 19mth old girl who currently :

- like to talk..alottt of talking... some words are still baby languange tho, but she know alot of words already like : mouth, nose, eyes, ears, hand, feet, mamam, mei mei, bear, hua (its her first word), bubble, balloon, car, hellokitty, gai gai, shoes, pear, apple, pao pao (carry) and still many more

- if she saw someone dressed up or wearing something nice (according to her taste) she would say " whoaa, mey mey ? gai gai ya?"

- if she saw pek not wearing any tops, she would say "whoaa, pom pom loorr"

- she like to laugh at ppl that is funny or dressed funny...

- she like to copy things like how old walk (by walk bending a bit and say " ")

- if she scare she'd say "pha pha" n put her hand on chest

- she like to talk with other kids even older than her, tho the other kids actually dont understand what she talk about

...ok this what i can think of right now...

capability:

- nowadays she can pick up her own shoe or sandal that she want to wear.. she would pick a pair too.

- she know when she want to drink milk or not...so i have to ask her first.

- she know which food is hot and she can not eat

-she know how to keep things (sometimes)

ok so far this is what i can remember too...hehe

i wanna know others!!

Hello,

My gg is now 20 months old and her capability is almost the same as yours one. She is very talkative now and stop only when she fell asleep. She sleep with us and sometimes i tease her " you want to sleep in aunty ( my maid ) room, then she reply. "hot" "hot" because the room has no air-con. And she like to snach everything from her sister ( going to 5 yrs) . She snach every toys,book, crayon, water bottle and say "is mine" "is mine" .
Everytime my husband went out, she say " pa pa buy biscuit".

BTW, any idea that when i should stop using milk bottle and chang to training mug. She can drink water with cup but still taking milk by milk bottle.

jojoki

But for Iggy, I think it's really quite late though 2 pds said he's fine. Coz we know of 2 boys 3mths older than him and 2 boys younger than him, all started speaking more than him.. :embarrassed:

My last resort, I'm thinking of putting him in playground now (April) instead of what I've planned, which is next year.
my brother, my mom claims did not say a single word up to 2 years old and then suddenly language explosion!!! he could like say everything!! i have a couple of frens with boys age 20 mths, 24 mths, their boys cant say a word, not even like mama papa.

am sure he will talk soon! how would putting him in playground help anyway??

autumn82

my brother, my mom claims did not say a single word up to 2 years old and then suddenly language explosion!!! he could like say everything!! i have a couple of friends with boys age 20 mths, 24 mths, their boys cant say a word, not even like mama papa.

am sure he will talk soon! how would putting him in playground help anyway??
I hope sooo.. *cross fingers* :tlaugh:

Yea, gonna start playgroup this coming July coz his mama worried... :001_302::001_302::001_302: