What kind of house work can we do

ellyeun

hi all, im currently 5wks,
took unpaid leave staying home alrdy, as i'm flying, once pregnant gotta stay home...

i'm soo bored as im forbid to do house work..
is that true?
i need to do something beside eating and slping

lekdao

hi all, im currently 5wks,
took unpaid leave staying home alrdy, as i'm flying, once pregnant gotta stay home...

i'm soo bored as im forbid to do house work..
is that true?
i need to do something beside eating and sleeping

Dun do hsework that requires you to climb or carry heavy things.
Avoid all work on bed, like cutting, sewing etc.

coco^v^

As long as it is safe for both you and your unborn baby and not strenous one will do like sweeping/vacuuming, light cleaning washing clothes using machine etc unless you have some health conditions which requires you to rest on bed then you'd better heed the advise because first 3 months is more unstable, that's why some family members may be worried and I guess this is your first child? Should be. Just be more careful with what you do and how you move. Different ppl will have different situation. Some really cannot do much because they may have severe morning sickness and some heath conditons while for those who are feeling as normal, they work normally too, just make sure do not exert too much strength when doing certain chores. In fact, some LIGHT and SAFE exercise is good for pregnant women too. JMHO.

ellyeun

thx coco^very^
indeed my very first.... staying at home not doing a thing can really drive me crazy...

will heed yr advice (;

tinkerball

u need to take extra care during first trimester cos foetus very fragile. to me doing housework and moving around alot is good cos u'll have an easier childbirth. even during delivery i had little complications and baby slide out quite easy and fast.

TANZHENZHI

haha i rmb my 1st trimester, i had very terrible morning sickness. All i do is lie on bed, sleep and eat. It's indeed boring. Like what mummy coco advise lor. I also nothing to do then vacuum the house when i feel well. :) Take care okie.

blackpiggy

It's better that you stick to light chores like wiping, sweeping and putting laundry for machine wash.
I was resting most of the time during my 1st trimester coz I bled in my 7th week after hanging the laundry, maybe it was too heavy. Now in 2nd trimester, I do vacuuming and wiping around the house.

Mrs Wee

If you do not have morning sickness, you could do very simple and light household chores like sweeping and vacuuming the floor, dust your furniture.

Remember to do some exercises.. it help you get ready for your labour too.. but do it when your foetus is stable >3 mths

ellyeun

hehe can finish those within 30mins.. (;
mom say cannot hang clothes, cos bring the bamboo stick out require strength...

suddenly seems uselesss at home... cannot do anything
last time my mom gotta nag me to help out with household chores.. now i wanted to help but cannot

mrs_eg

hehe can finish those within 30mins.. (;
mom say cannot hang clothes, cos bring the bamboo stick out require strength...

suddenly seems uselesss at home... cannot do anything
last time my mom gotta nag me to help out with household chores.. now i wanted to help but cannot
Other than carrying heavy stuffs... or if your gynae forbids you from doing certain things... I guess everything else is fine...

I still do my household chores till today... laundry, vacuum, mop etc.. as for hanging clothes out to dry... I make sure i dun put all the heavy weighted clothes on one bamboo stick... and I make sure on one bamboo stick.. the heavier ones are closer to me and not on the far end when I reach out to hang them...

Read more pregnancy related books, or even new born/toddlers books to pass time... watch dvd or go do online window shopping helps pass time too... hehehe... once u reach 2nd tri you can try doing prenatal yoga, aqua aerobics etc... to pass time and at the same time strengthen urself for an easier labour... :)