What pregnant should avoid?

miracle25

Omg.. I just ate papaya just now. Why cant eat papaya?
I heard papaya or carrot may cause the baby's skin to be yellowish.. up to u to believe or not.. I do eat papaya too but one slice at most or mix wif the rest of the fruits to prevent constipation...

pixie

You can eat pineapples and papayas in moderation. I ate them when I was pregnant and baby didnt have yellow palm.

Natashasingh

Pinapple and papaya generate an acid which can cause of miscarriage, so itz better if u can avoide.....dont worry be careful from next time.....

BlueRed

I think yes. But the thing that you should avoid is eating too much that may lead to gestational diabetes. Just avoid sugars and try natural sweeteners. You can use natvia. It is good because it taste like sugar and it helps maintain your blood sugar level. Try this one.

Rukia

Pinapple and papaya generate an acid which can cause of miscarriage, so itz better if you can avoide.....dont worry be careful from next time.....
I just had one slice of papaya too cos felt abit constipated. I think its not totally ripe, the flesh was yellow but not fully orange.

Is it going to be fine?

I just had one slice of papaya too cos felt abit constipated. I think its not totally ripe, the flesh was yellow but not fully orange.

Is it going to be fine?
Hi Rukia,

Don't worry too much. It will be fine. I ate papaya and drink papaya juices. My gynae told me it's ok to be having papaya (moderate amount, of course) to ease our constipation due to the intake of folic acid. However, if you are still afraid, you may take precautions by not taking papaya anymore from now onwards. You can eat other fruits like guava and apples. They are good too. Enjoy your pregnancy like I do and don't worry too much! Cheers!

Tannie

Yap, so long as eat moderately shld b ok. My fren gynae told her that u will need to eat whole lorry of pineapple to get miscarriage ... so dun worry...

Janellebb

Hi Rukia,

Don't worry too much. It will be fine. I ate papaya and drink papaya juices. My gynae told me it's ok to be having papaya (moderate amount, of course) to ease our constipation due to the intake of folic acid. However, if you are still afraid, you may take precautions by not taking papaya anymore from now onwards. You can eat other fruits like guava and apples. They are good too. Enjoy your pregnancy like I do and don't worry too much! Cheers!
I heard that cannot eat duck also cause duck is poisonous is that so?!

I heard that cannot eat duck also cause duck is poisonous is that so?!
Janellebb,

I have not heard anything about not being able to eat ducks. My gynae didn't tell me that too. Sometimes it is so weird. I have 2 colleagues who are also pregnant; one of their gynaes told them not to drink coffee or eat pineapples, whereas my gynae is the relax-type. He just ask me to be normal and eat what I like. He even said sashimi is ok so long is fresh and that the restaurant is well-known. But of course, I didn't dare risk it.

So i reckon it all comes down to individuals. I even heard myths saying if you don't get to eat what you yearn, your baby will be born with a lot of saliva! LOL...

Rukia

Hi Rukia,

dont't worry too much. It will be fine. I ate papaya and drink papaya juices. My gynae told me it's ok to be having papaya (moderate amount, of course) to ease our constipation due to the intake of folic acid. However, if you are still afraid, you may take precautions by not taking papaya anymore from now onwards. You can eat other fruits like guava and apples. They are good too. Enjoy your pregnancy like I do and dont't worry too much! Cheers!
Yeah, trying to enjoy my pregnancy. But baby getting abit big now. Sleeping and moving around is a problem. But will try to enjoy every single moment of it. :)

Yeah, trying to enjoy my pregnancy. But baby getting abit big now. Sleeping and moving around is a problem. But will try to enjoy every single moment of it. :)
Rukia,

How many weeks are you now? I am in week 18 and I am starting to have difficulty falling asleep too... I was thinking of the U-shaped pillow... Wonder if I should get it before my bump gets bigger and bigger... Anyone bought it?

Janellebb

Rukia,

How many weeks are you now? I am in week 18 and I am starting to have difficulty falling asleep too... I was thinking of the U-shaped pillow... Wonder if I should get it before my bump gets bigger and bigger... Anyone bought it?
I also have problems sleeping in the night. I heard that the expensives pillow no use one. My husband friend asked me to put a pillow under my leg , will feel more comfortable to sleep.

Rukia

Rukia,

How many weeks are you now? I am in week 18 and I am starting to have difficulty falling asleep too... I was thinking of the you-shaped pillow... Wonder if I should get it before my bump gets bigger and bigger... Anyone bought it?
I am 32 weeks now. Baby is very active these few days.

I just use 2 bolsters and i think its good enough. No point buying those ex pillows cos i dun think it will help thatmuch.

Wow!!! You're near to giving birth! Excited?! You must be! You're right! Those expensive pillows are just sales gimmicks! As my tummy grows, I'll learn from you. Tug lots of pillows to make myself comfortable... Have a smooth delivery! Congrats too! :)

Rukia

Wow!!! You're near to giving birth! Excited?! You must be! You're right! Those expensive pillows are just sales gimmicks! As my tummy grows, I'll learn from you. Tug lots of pillows to make myself comfortable... Have a smooth delivery! Congrats too! :)
Ya. Getting excited and anxious at the same time. :)

Pillow is enough. 3/4 of the bed is mine..haha. My poor hubby has to make do with the remaining 1/4.