What qualities do people look for in a Obstetrician & Gynaecologist?

Endoh

Alpha Male
Everyone has different expectations, we have also seen quite a few recommendations here. "Good" is often subjective, since doctors in this practice are mainly providing their expertise to ensure a healthy pregnancy, smooth delivery & save lives when complications arise.

What kind of doctor is preferred then? When we say a doctor is "good", what qualities are we talking about? Or through your experiences, what do you look for in a doctor in this practice? What is considered "bad" practice then?

Perhaps Members can share their expectations and when other Members decide not to use any of the suggestions here, at least they know how to go about choosing or assessing a "good" Obstetrician & Gynaecologist.

Share your views?

Last edited:

Supergirl

For me, my gynae must be patience, professional and very experience.

The most important thing of all will be my gynae stitching skills because that will be the most painful wound a woman ever experienced I guess, its a sensitive area. I heard some gynae stitching skills are so bad that the mommy after giving birth cannot sit properly and could feel pain even after taking painkillers.

LoVeS

FOR me a gynae it doesnt matter if is MALE or FEMALE gynae to b GD, at least to me they muz b VERY PATIENT, CARING, PROFESSIONAL, WILLING TO ANS, GIVES BEST OPINIONS BUT RESPECT MY DECISION and lastly EXPERIENCE.

Last edited:

jedamum

i am lucky to meet my 'ideal' gyne who delivered my ds1 and ds2.
Criteria
1) MUST be female (for comfortable reasons)
2) patient (motherly figure)
3) encouraging, sense of humour
4) stern yet concern
5) not too-pro-bfg and respect my choice

CanCanMum

must be EXPERIENCED!!! IMPT!!! + patient, willing to listen to me....cannot rush my appointment....face must be the fatherly or motherly kind...other than tat M or F doesnt realli matter...

January84

i must feel comfortable with my gynae, and that i can trust her on my "life and baby's" cos delivery is in gynae's hands!

Tracce

Hi All,

I'm new to the forum, I just found out few days ago that I'm 6 weeks pregnant. Has anyone heard of Dr Loke Kah Leong of Tampines st. 81? Any comments or feedbacks about him? Thank.

CupidWings

i am lucky to meet my 'ideal' gyne who delivered my ds1 and ds2.
Criteria
1) MUST be female (for comfortable reasons)
2) patient (motherly figure)
3) encouraging, sense of humour
4) stern yet concern
5) not too-pro-bfg and respect my choice
Hi CanVanMum, able to share who is ur gynae and from which hospital please?