What r u doing while nursing?

lila

Hi mommies,
as mentioned above
i start reading while nursing to my 5 months girl, but she becoming stop suckle n start looking at me :(

DodoTan

I either watch TV or sleep when I'm nursing. My kids like to latch on forever and ever and ever. I even rent those TV series on DVD from videoEZY. Between nursing my son last time and nursing my daughter now, I've watched through 'Dr. House' series 1 to 6 (I think 6 is showing on AXN now), 'Bones' series 1 to 4 and 'Criminal Minds' just finished series 1 and 2. Will be renting Criminal Minds series 3 and 4 next. Then after that need to find new show again. :p Any recommendations? Anyone very into this shows too? :p

Last edited:

camom

I watch tv, read, surf the net or play games on my hp when I nurse. Depends on what position I was in at the time.

Jovy

If your baby seem to bother what you doing while nursing I think you better relax and do nothing lol. My 8 yrs old son was like that when he was a baby. I have to be in a very quiet room as well coz if he hears any noise that was it, he doesnt drink anymore than find where the noise is coming from. And if i read or go through my phone same thing, he would grab it and start smiling. trying to make conversation with me. It was really hard at that time. :)

lila

If your baby seem to bother what you doing while nursing I think you better relax and do nothing lol. My 8 yrs old son was like that when he was a baby. I have to be in a very quiet room as well coz if he hears any noise that was it, he doesnt drink anymore than find where the noise is coming from. And if i read or go through my phone same thing, he would grab it and start smiling. trying to make conversation with me. It was really hard at that time. :)
same same :D
and now just surfing internet or play games in hp with silent mode :D

cmeilim

i use nursing time to bond with my #1 through singing, speaking with him, teaching him baby signs. occasionally i will surf net or chk email on my hp but not for long because it will distract him as he gets older.

snowbear

When kids are about 5mths old, they're easily distracted from the breast so during this period of time, I try to keep distraction to a minimum so she can concentrate on nursing.

You can try talking or singing to your baby... as long as bb doesnt get too distracted and stops nursing.

DodoTan

Yeah my daughter very easily distracted. Even curtain flapping or bird fly by the window also will get her attention. hahaha... I find the best place to feed her to be in the car :p Cos she can see thru the car rear window and still nurse at the same time :p

pinkapple

Hi mommies,
as mentioned above
i start reading while nursing to my 5 months girl, but she becoming stop suckle n start looking at me :(
I watch TV leh.

if ya kid looks at you, I think she wants interaction.

how bout reading out loud, what you are reading?

otherwise, considered putting down the book and talk or sing to her.

sg81hani

i love it when my daughter looks at me while latching... she looks so cute with her big innocent eyes. enjoy these moments mummies, it will be hard to get these close moments when they get much much older...ahaha

sasha10

I never read or watching TV while nursing..just focusing on nursing her. Sometime i talk to her..and she will look at me with her big eyes too...then smile smile and look so cute.
i will focus 100% of my attention while BF her..touch her hair, head, skin, talk to her, etc..

iceprincess

Normally I watch TV or play games on my phone (if it is in the day or i am awake). Other times I will cut his nails or apply cream on his body (that is the only time that he will allow me to do it)

I tried to read stories to him but he is NOT happy about it n will start crying n refusing to latch on. After attempting to read to him once n got tt response, I continue to do my own things when i am bf-ing him.

RayRay

I breastfeed all my kids. My last two are twins so I can only make facial expression to them while breastfeeding them. It is the most precious and memory moment during that time. Do enjoy yourself while nursing by looking at them and building the bond. If your baby is not distracted, you can even talk to him. You can on soft music too.:tlaugh: