What should I do when my 20 months old hit me when throwing tantrum?

Triquetra

Aside from the safety issue, if you think your girl is really trying her luck now and sometimes may get out of hand, a few smacks on the bottoms will do wonders!
Yesterday I hit her hand when she slapped me the second hand.
She got scared and faster sayang me =.="

I guess it's also hard not to hit her and it's also wrong to hit her often. Just have to find a balance in between.

yvonne_ktw

at first i really cry with tears.... and he believed it. but when my hubby cry no tears my boy dun believe and my hubby always laughed out so he from start dun believe him liao le.

Mummy to Baby V

I think you are right about the car seat. The problem is that my husband is driving a company's car and the company is very particular about the baby car seat leaving a mark or dent.

I guess I should really talk to him about it again. I feel so guilty neglecting my daughter's safety!
Oh, there's a type of mat designed to be placed under car seat to prevent marks.
Check out baby stores such as First Few Years at Paragon. :)

Triquetra

Oh, there's a type of mat designed to be placed under car seat to prevent marks.
Check out baby stores such as First Few Years at Paragon. :)
I am looking for such a mat, didn't know there's one for this function.
I was still thinking of going to Japan Home to get a sofa mat or something... Do you think Kiddy Palace has what you say? Or only First Few Years? What about Toys R Us?

Mummy to Baby V

I am looking for such a mat, didn't know there's one for this function.
I was still thinking of going to Japan Home to get a sofa mat or something... Do you think Kiddy Palace has what you say? Or only First Few Years? What about Toys R Us?
Not sure as I'm living in KL. Have seen such mats at KL First Few Years.
Try calling the stores to enquire, then don't need to run around the stores.
Looks like this: KIDZLOFT - Online Baby Products store in Singapore

MsKoh1973

when my girl was smaller, I canned her (since she 12M old, I already canned her, cos she "understand" canning better than scolding. Of cos I control the strength, only can on hand or leg). Now she at 6, I seldom can, but punish her, like no fruits or no ice cream or dont talk to her, she cannot take it if I dont talk to her for 2 hours.

As for my nieces who were staying w me (6 n 9), last time when young, they were taken care by maid, so maid spoilt them, when they first came to live w me in yr 2007 (maid still around), they also bo chap me, every time do wrong thing, they will cry if been scolded, cry until like want to faint.

I bo chap, I will just use the can and can them with one hand non-stop until they stop cry while I continue watching TV, cos I want to tell them, no matter what they do, will not affect me, I can still punish them and continue w me life (cos they think that I punish them, I had to stop what I am doing, so they always do noti things when I am watching TV or reading newspaper).

Initially, they try to hit me back, so I tell them, this is my house, I will not tolerate this kind of behaviour, I usually count to 10 for them to apologize and stop crying. If they dont (initiatlly), I opened the door and put them outside the house (of cos this trick dont aways work depending on their behaviour).

Now, my nieces are more afraid of me then their mums, once I count to 3, they will do whatever i want, otherwise .... so my sister sometimes quite angry, cos they listen to me, but not her.

Another thing is, after we "settled" down, always asked them wats the learning point, what they do wrong, how they could done it better, how they feel. Starting they said they feel angry, now, most of the time they said they feel sad cos they broke my heart.

Another punishment is, if we go outing, whoever noti, cannot go, or even if go, cannot enjoy the full trip (eg, no ice cream if the others can have). All the 3 girls know, they dare not misbehave if outside the house, cos I told them, misbehave outside the house is 10 X more serious then if at home, cos they throw my face, so no such things of counting to 3 . They know my rules well.