What should I get myself prepared with?

audreylim

Hi,

I am a first time mummy and is very excited about it. So would like to check with other experience mummy what I need to prepare myself for now? Thanks in advance. :)

zc31

Are you looking at pregnancy bag items, infant items such as baby cot or confinement preparation?

Quite a wide spectrum to be discussed :)

audreylim

Hi,

I am not sure what should I be prepared with.. I'm only 2 months pregnant.. Anything I should take note of? Many friends told me to drink coconut milk when nearer to delivery date.. Wonder if this method is correct?

zc31

Firstly, congrats.

You're still early into preggy journey. Heaps of info in this forum. You should take your time to browse and read around first.

Right now, you should be on folic acid and later on your doctors will prescribe you with multi-vits and perhaps fish oil.

Just be careful when you're moving around and for diet wise, many schools of thoughts but generally most thing can eat but with moderation.... just search "food to avoid" and you'll see lotsa discussion here as well.

Some will also apply stretch mark cream so can do some research.

Coconut juice believe is drink near to full term moderately. Belief is baby come out more easily & cleaner.

Read around and post :)

shermyn

yep, heard about the coconut thingy too when you're nearing full term.chinese believe in not fixing anything in the house and cutting anything on the bed. =D you may wish to cut down on cold drinks etc for the so-called baby's "health". eat 3 meals a day and bits and pieces of "tidbits" as and when the hunger pangs comes. once baby is stable, u can prep for cots, steriliser, clothings, bottles blah blah blah and grab those good bargains during any BABY FAIR ~~~!!!! LOL.

audreylim

Thank you so much for all your tips.. Seem like there are alot of things I need to cut down.. Hehe.. When and where will be the Baby Fair??

Tannie

Hi Audrey, I would suggest u start thinking where do u want to deliver and start signing up for their membership. TMC will give u 3 very informative books abt pregnancy, giving birth, breast feeding and child care. U can start reading and u wwill knw what to be prepared. Otherwise go library or book stores to get a few books or magazine to start with. U will k
get info abt some pregnancy talk fm magazine and can sign up.

Beside, u can sign up for prenatal yoga. I think for first trimester, it is impt to look after urself so that u n bb will be strong and healthy. Try to cut down caffeine, cooling food and increase high fibre food. Cut down on junk food.

Enjoy your pregnancy!

catflying

Hi,

I am not sure what should I be prepared with.. I'm only 2 months pregnant.. Anything I should take note of? Many friends told me to drink coconut milk when nearer to delivery date.. Wonder if this method is correct?
For the first trimester, just try to read up on what to expect during the entire pregnancy. You can google for babycentre. It is very informative. Also have you decide on a gynae? Than it's time to start shopping. For baby stuff wise consider getting them closer to your due date, it's also too early to buy now and collect dust! Unless you see some stuff you really like.

I am five months and still not buying anything. Get it closer to d date and maybe get some hand me down from friends and family.

audreylim

For the first trimester, just try to read up on what to expect during the entire pregnancy. You can google for babycentre. It is very informative. Also have you decide on a gynae? Than it's time to start shopping. For baby stuff wise consider getting them closer to your due date, it's also too early to buy now and collect dust! Unless you see some stuff you really like.

I am five months and still not buying anything. Get it closer to d date and maybe get some hand me down from friends and family.
My sister told me that Thomson Medical wasn't that good that's why I yet to decide on gynae.. Alot of online mummy and my sister suggest Mt Alvenia.. Any suggestion?

Tannie

Actually I find that it is up to individual. Some said kk not good but some said good. There are also other factors for u to consider like location, cost, car park etc.. Also depend if your gynae deliver at the chosen hospital. Maybe u can check arnd with ur friends and relatives abt their experience. There are also many thread here where u can read up.

bleeeee

if you're getting one, look for your confinement lady (alot of babies in the dragon year, i had to call several before i managed to book one!) and gynae!

bleeeee

oh i would also buy insurance for expecting mothers earlier :) i waited till 30 weeks to buy and my gynae told me i should have done it earlier :p

miracle25

Oh... I din buy any insurance...
I wanted to buy too from AXA after my agent explained the benefits, etc.. but after discussion wif my hubby, he said the death benefit is too little and that you/ the child will only earn profit from the investment after like 10-12 yrs later, if early termination of the investment plan, you'll suffer loss.. so in the end I didnt get any too..

Jiawei

I wanted to buy too from AXA after my agent explained the benefits, etc.. but after discussion wif my hubby, he said the death benefit is too little and that you/ the child will only earn profit from the investment after like 10-12 yrs later, if early termination of the investment plan, you'll suffer loss.. so in the end I didnt get any too..
I agree that the death benefits is not exactly a lot compared to traditional insurance products but it's really a good product in my humble opinion.

what is more important is, Imagine if one day you baby was diagnosed with congenital illness and is not able to purchase any life insurance for the rest of his/her life at least getting the product from axa will help as you can transfer the policy to your beloved child when they are born.
(subject to some conditions with are very easily fulfilled).

On the other hand it can be used as education funding for your child in the future.

If anyone out there would like to learn more can feel free to pm me and i would share more with you without any obligations.

Last edited:

audreylim

Hi all,

Thanks for the opinion and tips.. Wonder where did you all deliver? I am thinking of going Mt Alvenia since it is highly recommeded by many mummy.. Just to enquire does the insurance disccused covers even baby is still inside? Just curious.. :wong19:

Jiawei

Yes it does covers the baby when still inside your tummy. for more detailed information you can contact me on my mobile at 90077924.

Don't worry there won't be any obligations involved .

Regards Jiawei.

bleeeee

Hi all,

Thanks for the opinion and tips.. Wonder where did you all deliver? I am thinking of going Mt Alvenia since it is highly recommeded by many mummy.. Just to enquire does the insurance disccused covers even baby is still inside? Just curious.. :wong19:
i got my insurance from prudential which covers mummy + baby when mummy is expecting. thereafter, will cover the baby. i think you get a discount too if you buy any policy for baby later on. if im not wrong, its the prufirst gift policy

welovbaby

You may want to start reading books regarding about parenting. It will be useful when they are growing up. For now, maybe some books on baby necessity, such as baby food, baby wear, baby bath (Organic/Non-Organic). I will recommend for organic products, not because WeLovBaby is selling it, but is for baby benefits especially they are in the process of growing. As well as it is friendly to the earth. Hope these information is useful to you. Happy mummying.. :)