What time does your maid wake up & go to bed?

spoonie

My FDW normally goes to bed around 9pm plus - 10pm & wakes up around 6.30am to handwash the clothes. I need to revise the time she wake up because i have to leave home earlier for work... so i want her to ready to look after my dd when my girl wakes up ard 7am-7:30am. :wong19:

As a reference, i would like to find out what time does other employers want their FDW to wake up... and what is the first chore their FDW is expected to do hehehe.

naze

I asked my maid to wake up at 5.30am, now she's abit draggy, she wakes up almost 6am, she thought I dont know, anyway, one eye close lah....
Hand wash clothes & occasional prepare breakfast for us....as for sleeping time is 10.30-11pm.

Last edited:

JenLee98

All along our timing set for maid is sleep at 11 pm ,a nd wake up at 6 am.

This latest one I have is really slow and she used to waking up early (as in 4.30am !) but we don't want her to make noise. So now she sleeps at 11+pm and wakes up at abt 5.30am.

rjj

:) mine sometimes can sleep as late as 12midnite, cos my boy refuse to sleep and likes to stick to her...

she used to wake up ard 7.30 but this year ard 6. Cos elder boy need to go school ard 6.40....

Happydays-shop

wow i see u all let yr maid slp so early.
hmm, my maid is arriving soon so i thought of asking her to sleep at 11plus and wake up at 6am.
occassionally if my girl is napping in the afternoon and she have no chores, she can take nap with my girl also.
cos i scare she do hsework den wake my girl up.

Friend

I would said that the wakeup and sleep time depends on yr family' needs...like kids -schooling time, adults - working time, chores and etc.

Mine wakes up at 630am and sleep whenever she has finishes her chores. I do not restrict her if she wants to sleep earlier as long as she finishes her chores. She is free to do whatever she likes, she likes to read before sleeping, shld be .....ard 10pm...but, she will wait for us if we have late dinner appointment.

She will wake up earlier to wash clothes, prepare family breakfast and get ready my kids to school.

mAmA

my maid wakes up at 6.30am to boil water n sterilize the milk bottles, shower, have her breakfast etc.
by the time my bb wakes up around 7.15 -30am, she has done everything n doing others hsechores like cleaning the table or windows.
I let her sleep if she has completed hsechores of the day so she can tuck in at abt 9+pm but smtimes she will play wif my bb or feed her if my bb hasnt sleep yet.
I want her to rest well so that she will have energy to work on the following day :001_302:

veronica

Hmmm...I thought the rule for the maid here is to give them at least 8hrs of sleep?

I always ask my maid to sleep early but sometimes she rather reads her book then to go to bed...

mAmA

same here
my maid will write her dairy and do some reading before sleep..
reading, writting can consider rest oso

weishy

my helper gets up at 0530(auto mode no need to set for her,she decides it herself) and sleeps at 10 which i told her to go zzz usally b4 that time(she refuse le)and afternnon i ask her to nap when the bb is sleeping and when i'm around(me dun need to work 9-5 and not daily too)

its tiring if there's no napping time in btw......imagine i hv to do it daily......sure be slim and tired.:001_302:

STellaLow

I asked my maid to wake up at 5.30am, now she's abit draggy, she wakes up almost 6am, she thought I dont know, anyway, one eye close lah....
Hand wash clothes & occasional prepare breakfast for us....as for sleeping time is 10.30-11pm.
Aiyah! when they work a bit longer, they are like that.
I asked all my maid to finish off the daily work earlier and must be in bed before mid-nite every day. In the morning, i need them to wake up before 6pm to clean the toilet before my daughter wakes up at 6:15am for school.
Nowadays, I am the only alarm clock to wake everybody even I'm not working leh! Sometimes really angry!!

Umeko

I had my maid to stick-on to the 8hrs of sleep rule.
She will go to bed before 10pm and wake up at 6am to prepare my gal for school..she will only start her housechores (washing/cleaning) after 6.30am..as for weekends, she only needs to wake up ard 7am..

Lucylou

Our helper gets up at 6am, makes daughter’s packed lunch, cleans and does laundry, finishes around 10am then reappears sleepy eyed and confused at around 4pm. I have to knock on her door if I want her to help or do something like grocery shopping and then teach her how to cook or supervise her cooking as she seems to be scared of the oven. She then disappears again at 7pm until the next morning.
This is how maids are for expats. They are either lazy or stupid or both and I would never trust one with the care of my child given that they don’t have any childcare qualifications.Just see them as overpaid Cleaners.

ElsEls

My helper wakes up at 5.30 am for her morning prayer and start her chores thereafter, normally she will turned in between 9.30-10pm and yesterday she requested if during the day (provided if she finish all her chores) can she take a nap in between... not sure if i should allow?