What to do when falling sick?

angbao

I been sore throat few day... Now come with flu , Cough n flame ... See doctor also like no use... I can't anyhow eat medicine also... What should I do... I already pregnant 28week... Will it affect my baby ???

Meowmummy

what i did was to see tcm. I have been seeing tcm for general health for many years, cos usually gp give me drowsy medcine that make me weak n sleepy, thus affecting my work.

diza

I know what u mean.. When I was having bad cough, went to poly and they refused to give me any medication. Best is to see ur gynae. In my case, I went to KKH str8 and they prescribed some medicines for me.

Meowmummy

I know what you mean.. When I was having bad cough, went to poly and they refused to give me any medication. Best is to see your gynae. In my case, I went to Kandang Kerbau Hospital str8 and they prescribed some medicines for me.
yeah, polyclinic & GP they dun dare to prescribe medi for us. I hope u can recover soon!

Qookie

If it's bad, better go see gynae and pay the extra.

My cough was so bad that my gynae said i cough so much and so long until baby was quite low. I'm not sure what the implications are for that though. I don't think it's very good. Anyway, thankfully my gynae gave me medicine and it got much better. Just in time for my delivery, which happened at 37weeks.

Take care. Flu bug's around.

Qookie

Don't take too much honey. I took too much and had a bad result when i did the pee test (the one you take every visit at the gynae's). So in the end, i had to do the gestational diabetes test. It's really gross. Try not to go there. Haha.

angbao

I was nearly kana the diabetes... went to eat ice kachang before my appt... after that went to do urine test. Since after that I dare not to drink too sweet n eat too much before my appt ... every time see my weight increase so much... :embarrassed:

i took the regular honey strepsils.. 2 times only.. when it got really bad.

about Strepsils : "There is no safety information available on the use of this medicine in pregnancy and breastfeeding. However, it has been widely used for many years without ill consequence. Seek medical advice from your doctor."

can try gargling warm salt water, it helps clear the throat too!

angpao

you can visit a GP and tell him you are pregnant, he will give you medicine safe for pregnancy

Alternatively, you can buy Danzen for sore throat, this is safe for pregnancy

For cough, many mummies said their gynae recommend this Ivy Leaf Cough Syrup that can buy from Guardian, safe for pregnancy

angbao

I visit my Gynae , he ask me to take pi pia gou... I eat Afew time... My flame getting alot.. Always come in mid of the night... Can't breath when sleeping... Most of my flame stuck in between nose n throat. I'm so afraid I shallow my flame than my baby will kana

angpao

don't worry too much.
it is normal to get flu and cough during pregnancy. because our immune system are generally lower during pregnancy.
you need to see a GP to get yourself recovered asap, instead of delaying it.... otherwise your immune system will only get worst.... and you will be very tired.
GP will usually prescribe medicine safe for pregnancy, don't worry, just tell him you are preggy
THen have more rest.... drink more water

gzgll

For me I took Redoxon to booster my immu,take cough medicine at night only before I slept,and have plenty of rest and medidation,and and go chinese pharmacy ask arounf,boiled some chinese soup....not easy to go through...take care!