what to do with baby red rash on neck???

JessTan

Dear all,
would like to seek advice from all mums, what to do with baby having red rash on the folds of the neck? any creams that will help in your experience?

My baby having red rash which i do not know why on the folds of his neck, i applied this cream brand:(california baby) on his neck which used to work once but not it does not work at all.. help?

-Jessd

diymummy

My son had those rash in the folds of his neck too. We found out it was because we didn't clean the folds of his neck properly.

You need to find out what is the cause of the rash, whether it is milk rash, heat rash or an allergy. Only when you find the cause then you will be able to solve the problem.

JessTan

My son had those rash in the folds of his neck too. We found out it was because we didn't clean the folds of his neck properly.

You need to find out what is the cause of the rash, whether it is milk rash, heat rash or an allergy. Only when you find the cause then you will be able to solve the problem.
Hey thanks alot :)
I cleaned and rubbed his neck all the time when i bathe him, and used mild and natural body wash too..so was wondering what causes it..

diymummy

Is your baby hot? The folds tend to get warmer than elsewhere. It could be accumulated perspiration. Maybe you can try to keep her cool or frequently use a cool wet cloth to clean that area to see if it improves.

TANZHENZHI

You can apply those cooling powder on his neck? Sometimes my son also have it then i apply the cooling powder he will feel better after awhile. Give him drink more water too. Nowadays the weather also very hot so let him wear those sleeveless clothing.

ohstrawberry

Is it prickly heat rash. Usually i will apply aloe vera gel if got rashes. Try to keep the area dry and clean.
Dear all,
would like to seek advice from all mums, what to do with baby having red rash on the folds of the neck? any creams that will help in your experience?

My baby having red rash which i do not know why on the folds of his neck, i applied this cream brand:(california baby) on his neck which used to work once but not it does not work at all.. help?

-Jessd

JessTan

Is your baby hot? The folds tend to get warmer than elsewhere. It could be accumulated perspiration. Maybe you can try to keep her cool or frequently use a cool wet cloth to clean that area to see if it improves.
will do so :) Thanks alot. .:) Its so red and sore with red spots.. hope he get well soon

JessTan

You can apply those cooling powder on his neck? Sometimes my son also have it then i apply the cooling powder he will feel better after awhile. Give him drink more water too. Nowadays the weather also very hot so let him wear those sleeveless clothing.
Thanks. .i applied this cream california baby. .maybe should change and others...ya weather is so warm.. i normally do not wear any tops for him at home.. :) so more cooling. .

My dd once had those. I didn't have cream on hand so I applied a little bit of desitin creamy (yes the nappy rash cream). Had to wash it clean during bath. I was lucky the rash really cleared up after few application. Thereafter, even up till now, everytime after bath I will lift her chin up to dry the area. Then when I apply her moisturizer I will apply a little at the neck area too. So far so good. No recurring rashes.

apollo

use cool boiled water to clean his neck few times per day and aft cleaning, use another dry towel/hanky to dry it. and apply baby lotion instead of powder. powder will worsen rashes =)

xue

My baby had milk rash when she was few weeks old n i got Desowen lotion frm my pd... Within few days, rashes all gone.. Her milk rash was real bad that time as she was on total bf..

iokoomi

Dear all, for all ur cases, kindly try out a cream call Topicream, can buy at phamacy, cost abt $28, a very good cream, I use it for my baby for rashes and all kinds red red parts, really goods, effective abt one or two days later once applied.

apollo

what to do if baby have milk rash on face ?? = =
last time ds has rashes on his face all the way till 4mth old. his was not really milk rashes. but we did not apply anything cos pd said no nd to, just use coo boiled water to clean few times per day will do. his rashes owas often on anf off until 4mth old.