What to do with excess breastmilk?

WinnieL

I have been freezing breastmilk to 'store' up for my girl. Now she's coming 9 months, and she's starting to drink less. My daily production is enough for her. What can I do with the frozen breastmilk?

cmeilim

i hv heard that one can use breastmilk for facials, foot soak and so on. it helps in healing dry skin apparently. but i have never tried it before personally. all my EBM goes to my boy.

WinnieL

:tlaugh:

or maybe you can add it to her diet like puree or cereals?
Sigh.. I'm already doing that. My girl thinks she's a big girl.. doesn't like puree anymore. Likes food with more 'bite'. And I still have excess BM. Now having headache how to use them, as they're taking up more & more space in the freezer! :tlaugh:

hpc

Can give to infants who needs breast milk.Ask any new mummy with no milk supply but infant need breast milk due to some medical problem,

christabelle

I have been freezing breastmilk to 'store' up for my girl. Now she's coming 9 months, and she's starting to drink less. My daily production is enough for her. What can I do with the frozen breastmilk?
Hi WinnieL

I have the same problem as you.....too much breastmilk. My boy is 4th month old and consumes very little like 800 - 900ml daily. My freezer was filled to the brim till I posted on the forum to give-away.

http://www.mummysg.com/forums/f19/wtg-expressed-breast-milk-51923/

I am indeed very happy that I have given away like 150 bags of ebm over the weekend to mummies who their babies are in need :)

hpc

Hi Winnie can pm me .I got someone who needs EMB 4 her baby gal urgently.Tks:Dancing_tongue::Dancing_tongue::Dancing_tongue: